User Avatar Image

Unable to flip switch 9!

posted by sp0rtl1fe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Dear Telltale,

I have encountered a game stopping bug where in episode 3 on the train, after I activate switch 6 and 5 I head outside to the engine compartment to switch 9 it does not give me any interaction options. This is really a game stopper! I already tried rewinding but it keeps happening.

Please help me fix this.

11659417.jpg

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MattP said: Unfortunately a fix will not be coming in the next few days. If you'd like to inquire about a refund, you will need to contact Microsoft's Xbox Support.

MattP, I understand that to release a patch, at least with the Xbox it'll take time to get it all certified etc.. but can you confirm that a patch fix is planned for the future?

I just purchased the next 2 episodes as I was planning to anyway so hopefully this bug won't affect me next time I start up, but I have been recommending the game to friends who will be taking it an episode at a time and I want their experience to be as good as mine has right up until this bug.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

We are hoping to find a permanent solution to this issue, but at this time we are still investigating the cause. Once we determine the cause, I can give you more accurate information regarding a fix.

• I downloaded episode 4 and restarted my xbox and this is STILL happening! I just spent more money believing this would fix it!

• Thanks Matt for the support and fix! Although I like buying the episodes as I play them, at least theres a way around this game breaking bug. I've been having the #9 switch problem, but I've also noticed that if I try to view the "Engine Start Sheet" after the initial look at it, its impossible to get away from the clipboard view and a game restart is required. Its odd because the camera will swap back to the 3rd person view of Lee, but his model will flash every time the B button is pushed, and the clipboard will disappear for a fraction of a second and then come back. Another (non game breaking) bug is that for some reason the audio will stutter at the beginning of every sentence. Currently I only have episodes 1-3, but I will be buying #4 so I can continue, thanks!

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

KeyBlader, please make sure you restart your xbox console. We have confirmed that this is a required step after installing the new episode.

• Thanks for the workaround i'll give it a go when I get the chance.
    I want to recommend this to my brother but i will wait till the game is working properly again.

• @MattP said: KeyBlader, please make sure you restart your xbox console. We have confirmed that this is a required step after installing the new episode.

Boy, thanks for the help Matt . . . I restarted, and it eliminated all Episode 3 progress FOR THE SIXTH TIME. I now have to play through the entire first half of 3 again, to most likely get stuck at the train again.

What is the problem over there? Why does your game erase saves with such astonishing regularity? I've never experienced anything like this at all . . . Just totally broken, useless. Where do my saves go exactly? Why does pressing continue on Episode 3 result in me starting a new game from Episode 1? Why must I then manually restart 3 from the beginning?

WHERE ARE MY SAVES? Where is my game? Give me my dang money back, or give me a working product, for the love of everything holy . . .

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

The issue you are describing was patched with the Title Update released last weekend. please ensure you acquire this Title Update, and you should no longer experience an issue with Episode 1 restarting when loading saves from other episodes.

• @MattP said: The issue you are describing was patched with the Title Update released last weekend. please ensure you acquire this Title Update, and you should no longer experience an issue with Episode 1 restarting when loading saves from other episodes.

No it didn't. How many times are you going to paste that same response before you believe us? I've been playing since Tuesday, I've never played without the update.

You need to fix your broken game instead of just regurgitating the same PR junk over and over.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

Can you please let me know what type of xbox you have, if you are playing online (xbox live), what episodes you have installed, how many save slots you've used, and what your progress is in each save slot? Also, can you please provide me with a quick description of what steps you went through before losing your saves?

Add Comment