User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.2K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it would be really cool if the main character in season 2 would be a black jewish canadian transgender character.

The supporting characters could be one that is a lesbian, but she is butch, and is a little person (dwarfism)

Another could be a gay man, but he's 90 years old, and latino.

Another character, could maybe play the same role as clementine. This time though it could be a asian girl with downsyndrome who is in love with the trans geneder main character, thus creating alot of conflicts between the 2.

WOuld be very interesting to say the least, and would break alot of molds of gaming than your sterotypical white attractive, 6 foot bald male model main character.

• I want an Asian female, mother of two, who takes Clem under her wing.

• Well, it may sound shitty, but people want a main character that they can relate with. Lee was great in the fact you actually could become him and make him yourself.

Weather it be a male, female, black, white, ect... The character has to be something people can understand.

Your ideas just wouldn't work in a story that would sell.

• Are you serious?!

These ideas are great!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I am sure the target group would be delighted.

• 20-25 year old protag male or 25-31 female. Any race, religion just meet Clem

• I want to play as Lee's wife.

• Worst Case Scenario for us and Telltale...

We find out that Season 2 is basically the story that takes up a 3 month time-frame between episode 1 and 2 from the first season.

• @DatDude said: I think it would be really cool if the main character in season 2 would be a black jewish canadian transgender character.

The supporting characters could be one that is a lesbian, but she is butch, and is a little person (dwarfism)

Another could be a gay man, but he's 90 years old, and latino.

Another character, could maybe play the same role as clementine. This time though it could be a asian girl with downsyndrome who is in love with the trans geneder main character, thus creating alot of conflicts between the 2.

WOuld be very interesting to say the least, and would break alot of molds of gaming than your sterotypical white attractive, 6 foot bald male model main character.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, a dumb idea, OR THE BEST IDEA I'VE EVER HEARD

• Seeing as this was a game that told us that our decisions would affect the game, I expected there to be multiple endings. Since there was only one, with slight variations, I believe that Clem will be in season 2 in some form so we can see what she has become post Lee.

As for who we'll play, Clem doesn't make sense to me, I want to see how my decisions change her, not control her myself. We could play as one of the previously established characters, but I'd rather play as a new character with no history with anyone else that can see her as she is now, not the girl Lee spent season 1 protecting. I would be surprised if it's not someone new we're controlling in season 2.

I'd like our main character in season 2 to be fairly young male, late teens or early 20s, and have it start out at the beginning of the apocalypse. I know some people don't want to go back there again, but I think seeing your character survive those first few days helps you relate to him.

After the initial few days we would see him and some other survivors band together find a place where they can remain relatively safe, and have enough food to last for a while. It doesn't matter where, a farm, a motel, maybe a grocery store, but I'd like to see them someplace where they could be safe and sheltered from everything that's going on.

Fast forward a few months and the shit hits the fan. Whether someone dies and turns, or they're attacked by bandits, it's something that kills most, if not all of your group, but you escape by yourself, mostly by luck.

You spend the next few days on the run. Because you've been so sheltered during most of this, you're unprepared to survive on your own. You're hungry, tired, dehydrated, then you run into a couple of walkers. Exhausted, you turn to run and trip over a log. Then walkers are right on top of you, about to make you their dinner, then "Blam! Blam!" You look up and there's Clementine standing over you with a smoking gun. It turns out the two figures she saw in the distance at the end of season one were the walkers that were about to eat you.

I think we could then see our main character and Clem travel alone, at least for a little while. It would be an interesting relationship where the 9 year old girl is more prepared for what's out there than a 20 year old guy. They would have more of a team relationship than the father/ daughter one Clem had with Lee, but we'd still have a bond with her, and feel very protective of her after she saved our life (and because she's still a 9 year old girl alone in a zombie apocalypse).

I also wouldn't mind seeing zombie Omid and Christa. It would show how much Clem's grown that she could escape the city on her own, but Omid and Christa couldn't do it together.

Just a few, I hope not too many, of my thoughts on the direction I'd like to see season 2 go.

Add Comment