User Avatar Image

If Clementine is not in Season 2....

posted by Willzy123 on - last edited - Viewed by 343 users

then what is the point in Season 2?

It must feature Clem or Christa & Omid, or ANYONE who possibly can be alive or Season 2 shouldn't be called The Walking Dead.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Even if nobody makes an appearance in season 2 that was in season 1, it'd still be called "season" 2. There are many series out there that are called "season" 2 but do not allude to the previous season in terms of characters.

• The point is that it's the walking dead - not the adventures of Clementine.

• Tbh I don't mind. I can see a season 2 with totally different people. Or even with some old people like Clem, Christa Omid etc. I am not sure which one I would prefer, but I would be fine with either really. I think just starting a totally different set of people would give the writers a lot more freedom. Maybe they even preserve their older characters for a much later season. Maybe meet Clem 5 Years later in Season 3 or something ;)

Now, thinking about it I would really prefer a new set of people. Hate to say it but I kind of became bored of being the babysitter. A new role would certainly be appreciated.

• Well, my concern with focusing on Clem is that it'll weaken the narrative.

In Season 1 - we knew that anyone could die at any time - thus there was the potential for loss, a powerful tool in a horror story.

Remove that, by giving a character -- ANY CHARACTER -- plot armor and you lose that - it becomes..... just another game.

TWD didn't win Video Game of the Year or whatever for being.... just another game.

• tbh Clem already had plot armor since episode 1. It was soooooo obvious that she wouldn't die in any episode. the focus on her was too hard and obvious since the beginning = typical plot armor.

• No, not really. We knew that she and Lee would live till episode 5. That had been all but stated by the developers.

There was no real indicator Clem was invulnerable.

I almost expected to find her dressed up like a turkey when you go to save her from Crazy-Dude.

• well if they want a season 3 they can have her wait in that scene and they can have the 2 shadows be some other survivors that we will survive with in season 2 with a new set of people who will eventually meet up with clementine for season 3.

• @Willzy123 said: then what is the point in Season 2?

It must feature Clem or Christa & Omid, or ANYONE who possibly can be alive or Season 2 shouldn't be called The Walking Dead.

What is the point? To experience the universe of The Walking Dead through the eyes of a new protagonist and a new cast of characters with different points of view, personalities, quirks, and issues they have to struggle with.

• I think that the second season will be about another group of survivors. About those people who saw the Clem in the distance. We will see how thay survived this three mounth. And at the end of the second season, we will see in the distance Clementine. But if that theory becoming true, I will so much miss to Clem.

Add Comment