User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 79.1K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

336 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I’m Noname215. I am a professional internet troll, I write books (none of which I have even considered having published), and I make independent films with buddies of mine. I am also a comedian, a film historian, and a musician. I’m the guy everyone hates to love and loves to hate.

• Hi guys, just joined.
    My name is hannah, im 18. :)

Add me?

• hi... i am dan... how are u all???????????????

• I'm not sure I've posted in this thread. Well, Walking Dead's over and I don't really wanna talk about it anymore. I'm "MoA", I've been with Telltale since Bone and own most everything of theirs - except Strong Bad, which I hated. Where do I go to picket for another Sam and Max season?

• Hi I'm Muckma! I know some of Telltales games, even though I'm quite bad at point and clicks/puzzles. I'm not one of these people who'd get puzzles in an instant. I played The Walking Dead, and seen Hector, Sam&Max, Jurassic Park, and Tales of Monkey Island. Nice to meet you all~

• hello, i joined for the walking dead game, i have luckily been some sort PC gamer most of my life though i really got into games with the NES the first point and click adventure game i really loved was day of the tentacles i can still play it through non stop to make it a cartoon i basically watch because i have completed it so many times, i have always kept up with adventure games including lots of telltale games but i like all game genres except platform games because i burnt that part of my brain out by playing to many of them on the NES/sega mega drive.

and i would like to thank telltale (and a random internet troll) for reminding me how fun drawing is, i think i stopped drawing when the cynical part of my brain got strong enough to tell me i will never make money off drawing cartoons so i should stop, but luckily an internet troll convinced carley (TWD) should be alive was on the forums so i opened MS paint to draw a diagram why they were wrong (stupid but worth it) and i figured as i opened MS paint i may as well make something better than an argument, so i did some fan art and i remembered that drawing is just fun like computer games and it doesn't matter about making money if i have fun.

Tl;dr Hello

• Hi I'm new here! Does anyone know where I can buy mine craft like really cheap?

• I'm from the negative universe. The Negaverse!

• Hi I'm Jared. I've been playing TellTale Games since the start of the Sam and Max franchise (post Lucas Arts obviously) and I'm looking forward to more Monkey Island and Back to the Future. I haven't played TWD yet but that's on my things to do list over the next few weeks. Feel free to say hi.

• Hi!
    I'm Aurore, 20. I'm French and I study English at university to become a movie or video game translator (would love to translate TT games in the future!).
    I first heard of TT thanks to my best friend who played the Back To The Future games (she's a huge, huge fan of the movies). I only played the Walking Dead though, which became one of my favourite video games ever.
    See ya. :D

Add Comment