User Avatar Image

If Clementine is not in Season 2....

posted by Willzy123 on - last edited - Viewed by 752 users

then what is the point in Season 2?

It must feature Clem or Christa & Omid, or ANYONE who possibly can be alive or Season 2 shouldn't be called The Walking Dead.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Well, my concern with focusing on Clem is that it'll weaken the narrative.

In Season 1 - we knew that anyone could die at any time - thus there was the potential for loss, a powerful tool in a horror story.

Remove that, by giving a character -- ANY CHARACTER -- plot armor and you lose that - it becomes..... just another game.

TWD didn't win Video Game of the Year or whatever for being.... just another game.

That's why it was quite retarded to "force" Lee's death in Season 1. I doubt the community wants to play a 9 year old girl for an entire season and introducing a new character as the protagonist is just dumb. Would have been easier to let Lee survive Season 1 and kill him in S2, if they still felt like it.

@DreadMagus said: What is the point? To experience the universe of The Walking Dead through the eyes of a new protagonist and a new cast of characters with different points of view, personalities, quirks, and issues they have to struggle with.

So why didn't Kirkman kill Rick after 5 or 10 issues, if it's that great to see the TWD universe through somebody else's eyes? Because he's not a retard unlike the guy who wrote this game's story. People liked Rick and would get bored as hell when people die all the time and the protagonist switches every 5 episodes or so. Imagine if Darth Vader died in the very first Star Wars movie. Would Star Wars still be the same, if he had been replaced by some other evil dude, who gets killed in the 2nd movie only to get replaced by another evil dude in "Return of the Jedi" who turns out to be Luke's father, then? SOunds quite lame, doesn't it.

• @shedim said: That's why it was quite retarded to "force" Lee's death in Season 1. I doubt the community wants to play a 9 year old girl for an entire season and introducing a new character as the protagonist is just dumb. Would have been easier to let Lee survive Season 1 and kill him in S2, if they still felt like it.

Telltale did great on what they did, imo. Keeping Lee alive would have made the series boring just like the comics. How long has Rick been alive?

• im totally fine with a new crew, and leaving the Clementine legacy ambiguous and intact.

• I disagree with Season 2 needing Clem. What about the people who gave Clem different advice before Lee died? Are their choices just going to be ignored when Season 2 starts and Clem shows up wherever the story needs her? Leaving Clem's story ambigious at least lets all of us be "right" with our playthroughs.

• @Luigi01080 said: well if they want a season 3 they can have her wait in that scene and they can have the 2 shadows be some other survivors that we will survive with in season 2 with a new set of people who will eventually meet up with clementine for season 3.

This. I vote for this.

• @Shedim - I don't think it was forced, I think it was a case of keeping true to their plans despite being able to go ahead with Season 2.

• I'm gay in that way that I love open endings. I could be done with this particular story right now and be satisfied.

Let's see what happens tho

• From the interview with "The Walking Dead" voice actors:

[Melissa Hatchison] Let’s just put it this way. That was one of the most INTENSE recording sessions I have EVER had. I’m pretty sure Dave and Gavin would agree with me on this one. Hold on to your hats, kids. This ride isn’t over yet!

Any more questions about Clem will be in second season?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Sure. Melissa Hutchison STILL couldn't be in Season 2 and just be glad that the series continues - or she could just take another role (she's been in three other Telltale franchises as of yet). ;)

As for the other characters and their "need" to be in another Season - the comic pretty much makes a point about not meeting people twice. Most people in the zombie world just don't know whether most of their former relations live on, have died or run around as zombies. Like Ben in the game, for instance.

• Would Clem's appearance in Season 2 not be inevitable anyway due to the cliffhanger at the end of Episode 5 or would Telltale, just as Chomosaur said, keep her fate following that scene hidden and leave it to speculation as one plays as the new group of survivors.

Add Comment