User Avatar Image

Episode 3- Only 42% left Lilly behind?

posted by JakeBlues on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

After she shoots Carly in the face? Really? What possible reason would people have for keeping her? I had been looking for a way to get rid of her since the drugstore.

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If we all reasoned in the same way, "TWD: the game" would be "TWD: the movie"

• @JakeBlues said: The fact that she snapped under the pressure is the main reason to leave her behind. She can't be trusted and is susceptible to snapping again and killing another innocent person.

After the episode, I thought for sure the number of people leaving her behind would be in the 70%+ range. It may have been due to the choices I made, but I was extremely happy when her father died and spent the rest of the time trying to undermine and get rid of her, but the game wouldn't allow it.

Now I can't wait to get rid of Ben...

Kenny wanted to let a teenager fall to his death. Both, Lilly and Kenny, had reasons to break down. If you want to blame this on something, blame it on the Zombie Apocalypse :/

• @Ghositex said: Kenny wanted to let a teenager fall to his death. Both, Lilly and Kenny, had reasons to break down. If you want to blame this on something, blame it on the Zombie Apocalypse :/

it was the teenager that wanted to fall to his death, if kenny actually wanted to kill ben he could have

• Actually, if you tell Kenny that Ben wanted to die in Episode 5, he'll say that he's glad that he wasn't the one holding him in the belltower, meaning that in the end he realized he DIDN'T want Ben dead. It was a heat of the moment thing.

Likewise with Lilly. The motel had just been overrun by bandits and walkers, the group lost all of their supplies, and there was a traitor amongst them. Carley standing up to Lilly set her off, which resulted in Carley dying. Again, a heat of the moment thing. In both scenarios, Kenny and Lilly just went through something extremely painful, traumatizing, or horrific (bandit raid/finding out there was a traitor for Lilly. Surrounded by walkers/finding out Ben got Kat and Duck killed for Kenny).

The real choice to keep Lilly or not, I think, was made in the meat locker. If you tried to save Lilly's dad, you know that she will still have your back because you were there for her when she needed it most. So you take her with you to help her through her problems and make up for what she did. If you helped Kenny, then you should probably leave Lilly because you just saw her snap and kill Carley for standing up to her. And since you held her back while her father's head was smashed in, there's a good chance she'll turn her gun on YOU the next time she gets a chance.

• @Viser said: Let's not forget about Doug =/

I let her back in because the moment she shot him you could see on her face that she knew she had made a huge mistake. And I didn't feel angry at her, just extremely frustrated over the loss of my only friend. And I couldn't blame her for doing it, her behavior on episode 3 was the consequence of all the events (especially her father's death) that were happening at those moments and it didn't surprise me that she actually broke down. I was only surprised by the fact that she reached a point where she thought killing someone on the group would solve our problems, but she seemed to regret that enough...

Lilly shot Doug by accident intending to kill Ben and felt remorseful afterwards. She shot Carley purely out of spite and bitter jealousy. It's clear to me that she had it in for Carley since the beginning at the drug store and there was a bit of a love triangle going on between Lee, Carley, and Lilly. That's why she was being so accusatory towards Carley and implying there was something going on between her and Ben and then Lee.

@Viser said: The real choice to keep Lilly or not, I think, was made in the meat locker. If you tried to save Lilly's dad, you know that she will still have your back because you were there for her when she needed it most. So you take her with you to help her through her problems and make up for what she did. If you helped Kenny, then you should probably leave Lilly because you just saw her snap and kill Carley for standing up to her. And since you held her back while her father's head was smashed in, there's a good chance she'll turn her gun on YOU the next time she gets a chance.
    I disagree. I think you have that backwards. If you tried to help Lilly out in her moment of need and attempt to save her father only to have her do that to someone you care about, I think the impulse reaction to her betrayal is to turn your back on her.

• She murdered someone in a fit of anger?
    Boy, who does that remind me of?!

Oh that's right, Lee Everett!
    He's a murderer too under similar circumstances and I'm sure you love him.
    So why not give her a second chance?

• @Pride said: She murdered someone in a fit of anger?
    Boy, who does that remind me of?!

Oh that's right, Lee Everett!
    He's a murderer too under similar circumstances and I'm sure you love him.
    So why not give her a second chance?

Because she did it in the zombie apocalypse, where losing a member of the group(especially a 100% accuracy shot like Carley) lowers everyone's survival chance drastically. Lilly put everyone at risk forcing them all to get out, even more risk with the shouting and then the gunshot. She may as well have killed everyone on that road.

Pre-apocalypse killings don't matter as much as post-apocalypse ones, because most people are forced to stick together to survive and every able body counts. In the normal world, you get punished and the world keeps on turning.

• @No Regrets said: If you tried to help Lilly out in her moment of need and attempt to save her father only to have her do that to someone you care about, I think the impulse reaction to her betrayal is to turn your back on her.

This was it for me. I played the diplomat through most of episodes 1 and 2 and even then I did the same. I helped her out a lot in trying to keep things calm and keep everyone's head on straight, especially Kenny's if you don't agree with him (funnily, he still went with me at end of Ep 4).
    And for her to then ruin everything and kill a group member in cold blood like that.. she was dead to me from that moment. I could not see her as a part of the group anymore after that. She became a threat to it.

And my Lee ensures threats are dealth with.

• To be honest, I took her into the RV because i wanted to talk and think about how to deal with her. I though i could still leave her (or maybe at a better place). Lee also said that they will figure out what to do with her when getting back into the RV. Of course i would make sure that she's not a threat anymore.

Btw, I tried to save her father (though i hated him) and i still didnt like lilly. nor did i like kenny or ben (but saved him). i wish lilly would have shot ben, i did what i could to accuse him and defend carley, but still i couldnt save her...

• @notoriousmercy said: Maybe because my Lee was interested in her? :rolleyes:

I totally thought that would develop. She calls you sweet and says they're lucky to have you in EP1, side with her over Kenny and feed Larry and she seems really into you, and try to save her Dad and she's really nice to you in EP3. Why oh why did you have to kill a group member Lilly... We could have been together :(

Add Comment