User Avatar Image

Mid-Season Finale

posted by Saoralba131 on - last edited - Viewed by 787 users

I really enjoyed the episode and can't wait for February,what about you guys(and girls),what do you think?

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: Daryl's going to die. Which is good. It'll let the public audience know that the writers do not care who they are killing off, even if they have an immense fan group. Kirkman does this all the time.

Not this season. Highly doubt that.

And to me, killing off fan favorites is a copout way to enforce the "anyone can die" rule. If I don't see Rick or Carl dead before the 300 issue run of the comics or during the TV show that rule is bunk.

• @stevean2 said: The worst thing about the TV-only watchers is when they get agressive or mad when you explain how kirkman's works go. "Wtf?! This is what he does? fuck this show. I'll keep living in my igronant bubble that Daryl and Shane are immortal."

.. .. Really.

In unrelated news I think Shane deserved to die. There I said it.

Shane did deserve it, but he was an excellent source of tension in the group. It's like Lilly vs. Kenny in the game, when Lilly's gone, all that tension is gone. At least to me.

• @Doctanian said: Not this season. Highly doubt that.

And to me, killing off fan favorites is a copout way to enforce the "anyone can die" rule. If I don't see Rick or Carl dead before the 300 issue run of the comics or during the TV show that rule is bunk.

You may doubt that, but I hope he does. Not for him, not for the other characters... But still, I hope. And we do not know what happens to Carl and Rick. They both may die, they both were already very close to dying.

• I think Merle will die. He's a bit of a mess right now. He is no longer able to work with the Governor and he wouldn't be able to work with Rick and his group for obvious reasons. All he has is Daryl and I think Daryl will do anything he can for his brother but also won't leave or betray Rick. They can't just make Merle's fate ambiguous again too. Daryl won't die yet, but he will be hard to 'control' with his brother in the picture.

• I think Merle will have status-unknown, like he escapes from the Governer into the forest or something like that, and we won't see him again for another season or two :P

• @Doctanian said: Shane did deserve it, but he was an excellent source of tension in the group. It's like Lilly vs. Kenny in the game, when Lilly's gone, all that tension is gone. At least to me.

You have a point. I really liked the way Shane was played -- when I first saw the show, and him dying at the end of Season 2 I was quite surprised (I hadn't read the comics at the time).

In Season 3, most of the characters I liked haven't had too much happen to them yet... by TWD standards at least.

• I think Merle might get locked up at the prison by Rick and Co.

In the promo when Rick sees Glenn people are with Rick and Glenn says what is he doing here,I guess he is referring to Merle.

• If they're gonna kill off Deryl I'm going to be so pissed off...

• Oh God, I haven't watched TWD in a WHILE.

I feel bad reading all this. Need to do a 24 hour marathon...

Add Comment