User Avatar Image

You don't need to kill anyone

posted by montesinos7 on - last edited - Viewed by 530 users

You don't need to kill every character in the game to make it compelling. Many great movies/books don't kill any (Or at least not all) characters that you like and it is still compelling. Seriously, every character I liked (Except for Clementine and Molly (I liked the other ones that survived too but I was never attached to them) ) died. Mark, Kenny, Carley, Lee, even ben.

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's a ZA, usually all or most die. And it's also The Walking Dead, where people die left, right, and center daily. If you read the comics there are a couple, or maybe just the one, where roughly 12 people all die in one volume lol. When it comes to zombie media and more so with TWD it's safe to assume your favourite character can and probably will die.

• @Yertos said: It's a ZA, usually all or most die. And it's also The Walking Dead, where people die left, right, and center daily. If you read the comics there are a couple, or maybe just the one, where roughly 12 people all die in one volume lol. When it comes to zombie media and more so with TWD it's safe to assume your favourite character can and probably will die.

I read the comic. I just feel like it wasn't really necessary to do this.

• @montesinos7 said: I read the comic. I just feel like it wasn't really necessary to do this.

Well Kenny and his family make sense to me.

Doug/Carley seemed a bit random and not needed, at least not at that point.

Mark AND Larry dieing didn't seem right to me, should have only been one or the other IMO.

Chuck was really random, I mean I read and heard about why his death is quick and off-screen but come on, shouldn't have added him to begin with if he dies that fast.

Ben I guess made sense? But should have had him die saving someone or helping the group.

Lee I hated to see but had the feeling he'd die since episode 2.

Now if it turns out that Omid and Christa didn't make it out of the city I'll be pissed because that would be a huge waste of two good characters for no reason.

• @montesinos7 said: You don't need to kill every character in the game to make it compelling. Many great movies/books don't kill any (Or at least not all) characters that you like and it is still compelling. Seriously, every character I liked (Except for Clementine and Molly (I liked the other ones that survived too but I was never attached to them) ) died. Mark, Kenny, Carley, Lee, even ben.

This is the walking dead, not any other movie or book. You should have known or at least expected going in that people were going to die, sometimes pointlessly, mistakes would be made in the heat of the moment, and you would experience extreme loss.

I mean, yeah, Telltale took it kind of far especially in episode 3 & 5, but I don't think it would have been as memorable if nobody died.

• @montesinos7 said: You don't need to kill every character in the game to make it compelling. Many great movies/books don't kill any (Or at least not all) characters that you like and it is still compelling. Seriously, every character I liked (Except for Clementine and Molly (I liked the other ones that survived too but I was never attached to them) ) died. Mark, Kenny, Carley, Lee, even ben.

And I bet none of them were Zombie Apocalypse stories......

• The numeration to which people are killed off in TT's TWD game is great. However, this isn't necessary to do this on the comics. Right now in the comic, Kirkman is killing off people left and right to drag the story on. Not a great idea.

• I expected most everyone in the Macon group to meet their demise by the end of Episode 1. Still, just because it's The Walking Dead and people always die, that doesn't mean that NOBODY will live. SOMBODY besides Clem (aka Christa and Omid) kind of NEED to survive. If we find out that they died in Savannah, or die shortly after the second season begins, it would kind of seem like TT was going for the "kill as many as we can for shock value" thing, which (in my opinion) they've done well to avoid so far.

• @Yertos said:
    Chuck was really random, I mean I read and heard about why his death is quick and off-screen but come on, shouldn't have added him to begin with if he dies that fast.

Now I'm interested. Do you have a link?

• @Rock114 said: If we find out that they died in Savannah, or die shortly after the second season begins, it would kind of seem like TT was going for the "kill as many as we can for shock value" thing, which (in my opinion) they've done well to avoid so far.

True, I think we'll get some fulfilling closure to their characters in season 2. Omid and Christa definitely weren't created just to be dropped at the end with no hint of their fates. Telltale loves their characters, even if they kill some of them off. I think we'll see a few familiar faces in season 2.

• In a ZA more than 99% of the population die. It's no wonder that some survivors also die. It's a zombie apocalypse, not a bed of roses.

Add Comment