User Avatar Image

if Carley was a nerd and Doug was a crack shot

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 626 users

if Carley was a nerd and Doug was a crack shot and had a gun, would you have saved different people in your first game?

Edit:
i was thinking about a sort of personality swap but more as a background to the reason why they have the skills they have, they would still have the same family and history but have swapped careerer paths

Doug would know your secret he is the reporter and he saves you with his gun, Carley would programme the remote etc.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saved Carley because we had more interactions with her. I couldn't even give Doug an energy bar. lol. Also, she helped Lee and Glenn at the motel. And Carley saved Lee more than Doug in episode 1. Also, I saved Carley because there wouldn't be many female characters if I saved Doug and I wanted to even it out. However, I do like Doug when I did another play through with him. They're both my favorite characters. But in the end, I would still pick Carley.

• Chose Doug the first time, but it was hard and had to pause. Almost went with Carley but I figured Doug's smarts might end up being more useful then Carley, to bad it wasn't really focused on much. If reversed I would choose Carley for sure, already was on the fence but if she was smarter then for sure. Question, in this scenario does Doug know your past this time?

• Most people saved her because she was pretty. Most people that said they saved her because she was a crack shot is lying. The crack shot thing was just a bonus.

She's a female and possible romance option. I might as well say what every other guy won't.

You really think all the outrage at Carley's death was because she was a crack shot? C'mon, now.

• @Doctanian said: Most people saved her because she was pretty. Most people that said they saved her because she was a crack shot is lying. The crack shot thing was just a bonus.

She's a female and possible romance option. I might as well say what every other guy won't.

You really think all the outrage at Carley's death was because she was a crack shot? C'mon, now.

It was a big thing for me. In all her lifetime(that we've seen) she never misses. Headshot, headshot, headshot, not a single bullet hit anything other than the head(she probably didn't shoot to kill Andy on purpose). That is pretty damn useful in a zombie apocalypse.

• I would have saved Doug in that case.

Carley ended up saved in my playthrough only because she seemed more useful, and since she had a gun I was hoping maybe she could somehow save Doug after dealing with her own walker.

• xD if the roles were switched and doug was a reporter with a gun and carley was a nerd i would have killed doug because he didn't know what a battery was

• I love both Doug and Carley, so I randomly choose who to save. It wouldn't really change anything if their personality were swapped!

• Well, Carley only had a zombie on her ankle and could have at least stomped on it. If the places were reversed I'd have saved her (being grabbed by several).

@Doctanian said: Most people saved her because she was pretty. Most people that said they saved her because she was a crack shot is lying. The crack shot thing was just a bonus.

Also this.

• @Hudomonkey said: I would have chosen Carley
    (I chose Doug)
    Everyone has a gun only Doug has a laser pointer

And he was still just as effective as Carley with a gun, proving she was useless :D

Add Comment