1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    NSS

@dukeleto said: If you treat him right...

Well, no offense but I'm so curious how does it not enough to treat him right, except aggreing him to bust Larry's face and shooting the lone girl on the street to gain more time and stealing from a lone car, BUT other than these three, agreeing with ALL stuff he was waiting from Lee? Is everything Lee did for him really not enough to gain his friendship?

Last time I checked, the only thing meLee ever needed to call Kenny as a "friend" was he has a wife and a little boy.

Yes, Kenny is such a hero-bro of all times!

P.S: For all Kennylovers, please be sure that you liked Kenny most because you probably helped him to bust Larry's face. And you are accusing Lilly fans for supporting a murderer, what an irony.
    Beware, at least with Carley situation what ever your decision of Lilly's fate was, Lee's hands remained CLEAN. (For me, hands of whom let Lilly get on the RV are way much cleaner)
    You have your own angle of Lee's hands condition while deciding your attempt on Larry situation.
    Have fun :)

Larry was already dead, pal. Try again.

• Larry wasn't dead yet, but he sure was about to be. I agree with what Kenny did but he did it way to fast and handled it poorly. If he gave Lilly a little more time and maybe didn't do it right in front of her. Larry wasn't going to turn instantly.

• @NSS said: Larry was already dead, pal. Try again.

Nope, he wasn't. Otherwise, Lee might have said that "Ok, Lilly. I'm so sorry... but he is all gone..." kinda quote.

Guys, please try to be reasonable. Even if he were dead, Kenny should respect Lilly's feelings. It's not only himself who cares for his family. And the only family is not his family. He suddenly came into HER group and started giving orders, making decisions, busting heads etc... So ridiculous.

I'm not supporting Lilly of course because of her murder. I think she is psychology ill in some way- too stressed, too sad, too desperate... And Carley (which I love most) really pushed her buttons.
    And I'm trying to be reasonable with someone who makes instant deadly mistakes like Lilly. Her reacton was so humanistic to me- it was so primitive, it was so weak which makes all of us "human".
    But I can't support someone whose actions are slippery, cowardy and treachery. And I can't call him a friend in long term. I don't know if I could express myself; I love Lilly because her mistake was about her wrong instincts, and I don't love Kenny because his (ton of) mistakeS were all about his personality.

You are completely free to love Kenny who always pushes you around, forcing you into hard situations, yelling at you, complaining you etc, and I can love an unfortunate murderer. I'm not even talking about claiming the leader role while Kenny has NO way anything about it. He was always all irritating with his words, with his ideas, and with his actions and I'm really speechless how can people call him "friend" after he pushes Lee away when Lee tried to talk to him on that train. Just weird but I guess this is all about perspective.

You may not agree with me about the things I listed above and I respect that. But, please
    never and ever try to sweep under the carpet that Kenny's salty attempt was the first and deadly sin against Lee's group. They were so bound to each other, but with his selfishness around, everything started to crumble. I am sorry for you Kennylovers, but not Lilly, not Larry, not Ben, and even not radioman was the reason they are all dead and everything messed up. But with not giving respect to any others' feelings, Kenny did start everything.

MY LAST WORDS ABOUT KENNY ARE THESE: (And I'm serious with that, those moustaches took so much time from my life)
    I prefer a "murderer" with a good attitude than a presuming traitor if I have to call someone "friend".

P.S: In fact, it is so funny I am still talking about this guy since the game is over and everything ended...
    I must be really pissed off with Kenny :)

• @NSS said: Larry was already dead, pal. Try again.

Although it's true that he may have died later or what have you, but he definitely wasn't dead at the time. If the player manages to give Larry five CPR reps he responds and takes a breath.

• It's not a breath, he just moves his mouth. It could be him turning for all we actually know.

And I don't see how Kenny actually pushes Lee around. I also don't see how Kenny got everyone killed. Yeah, the supplies in the car weren't abandoned, but exactly how many of us knew, right that second, that a family of four was currently using that food? Because at the time, not only was the group starving, but it had just lost two members and had another one wounded. The motel had a week's worth of food left if it were rationed. The group didn;t know that the bandits would attack, or that the radio guy would come back. Hindsight is 20/20 they say, so it may be easy to judge Kenny's actions now that we know Campman was still alive, but did you really expect the man to let his family starve to death because the food "might" have belonged to someone? If the bandits hadn't raided the motel, and the group had stayed, they would have all died without that food, slowly and painfully.

And him smashing Larry's head in was completely understandable. When you die, you come back no matter what unless the brain is destroyed. After Larry brought on his heart attack, he hit the ground. Reasons to kill him:

1. No pulse
    2. He's not breathing.
    3. There's no medicine for his heart.
    4. The group is trapped in a confined space with a 6'4, 300 pound corpse who may very well become a walker.
    5. The group has no weapons.
    6. Two members of the group are being held at gunpoint outside, while another two are on their way with no idea of what they are walking into.

Reasons to try and save Larry:

1. He might be alive.
    2. Lilly is there.

Seeing as how Lilly and Larry don't give two shits about anyone but themselves, judging by how they act toward everyone else in the group, why should Lee and Kenny put their lives, as well as Kat, Duck, Carley, Ben, and Clem on the line for those two? When Kenny became just as pragmatic as Lilly, he becomes a monster, but Lilly gets excused. Why is that? If it had been anyone but Larry that went down, Lilly would have been the first to grab a salt lick. If Kenny hadn't done what he'd done, there's a big chance that nobody would have made it back to the motel alive.

• @Rock114 said: It's not a breath, he just moves his mouth. It could be him turning for all we actually know.

Just like you said, it could be him turning for all we know. It could also be him breathing for all we know. We don't know.

• @Rock114 said: It's not a breath, he just moves his mouth. It could be him turning for all we actually know.

Breathing = moving mouth, eh? I'm pretty sure it was suppose to show him breathing, Telltale just didn't make the animation for the movement fluid enough. I also don't think Telltale added it in for no reason, it means something (the meaning is to probably spur discussions like this). I know it varies between people but I don't think Larry would reanimate that fast. Still a possibility though.

Whether or not it was the right thing or not, I don't know. Killing him was probably the right thing to do, but as Katjaa puts it:

"Doing the right thing is just scary sometimes."

• User Avatar Image
    NSS

@dukeleto said: Lots of reasons Kenny's the worst.

So Kenny's more responsible for everyone's death than Ben because...he traumatized Lilly? Are you serious?

We should just blame Larry for everything, then, since he refused to calm down and had the heart attack in the first place.

Or maybe the St. Johns, since they're the ones who put Larry in the high-stress situation.

Basically, find every way imaginable to deflect any real blame from Lilly. It's not her fault that she makes awful decisions and had her own ruthless pragmatism used against her by Kenny. She continues to be played up as a poor, helpless victim by all her defenders.

No accountability. Unless you're Kenny; then it's all your fault.

And yes, Kenny is incredibly flawed. Very incredibly flawed. But his flaws are balanced by a hard-working determination and love of family that's only rivaled by Lee. In fact, determination and love of family (Clementine) are basically the defining features of both Lee and Kenny. It's what makes them such a good team.

• User Avatar Image
    NSS

@CarScar said: Breathing = moving mouth, eh? I'm pretty sure it was suppose to show him breathing, Telltale just didn't make the animation for the movement fluid enough. I also don't think Telltale added it in for no reason, it means something (the meaning is to probably spur discussions like this). I know it varies between people but I don't think Larry would reanimate that fast. Still a possibility though.

Whether or not it was the right thing or not, I don't know. Killing him was probably the right thing to do, but as Katjaa puts it:

"Doing the right thing is just scary sometimes."

Not breathing and having no pulse makes you clinically dead. Larry was dead when he hit the floor. It's been discussed ad nauseum earlier in this topic.

Regardless, any outside facts that neither Lee nor Kenny had access to (in other words, minute details about why Larry isn't dead, just taking a nap) can't be thrown in here. Lee and Kenny had seconds to make a decision.

• Kenny is a dick with a very short memory of all the times Lee helps his family.

Add Comment