User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 11.8K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know some people might disagree with me but what about a Family Guy game. In each episode you control Brian & Stewie to solve different puzzles. I don't know what the story would be though. We have had 2 Family Guy games. One everyone hates (But i like) and the new One which i have not played yet but some people are saying its bad. Now if there's anyone that can make a good Family Guy its Telltale Games.

• Both Family Guy and Bevis & Butthead would make great adventure games if done right and TellTale could and would.

I still would love to see them do a game based on the old Incredible Hulk TV show and continue that story on as well as one based on the old Fox then USA show Werewolf.

But as far as other cartoons, I would love to see them tackle Ren & Stimpy, Mighty Mouse or Darkwing Duck.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: We have had 2 Family Guy games. One everyone hates (But i like) and the new One which i have not played yet but some people are saying its bad.

The new one is better than the first one, but only because it's actually functional. I don't know why you like the first one, but enforced stealth sections that barely work do not a good game make.

I can't quite see Telltale doing a Family Guy game somehow. Maybe Straandlooper...

• I'd like a game that takes place in the world of the Shannara series. :)

It would be awesome if Telltale could make a sequel to Loom too, but I can't imagine what it would be like. Sadly, despite being a LucasArt game, it isn't really well known so I doubt it would be financially interesting for Telltale...

• @Darth Marsden said: I can't quite see Telltale doing a Family Guy game somehow. Maybe Straandlooper...

Bleugh, I hope not. Straandlooper are better than thon.

• I would have to say

MOAR CSI!

But on a serious note,

Perhaps a Stargate type adventure in the same way TWD was built, where choices really make a difference (without the predetermined person will die-esque consequences whatever you choose).

There hasn't been a decent Stargate game yet, infact if i'm not mistaken there has been none cause they have all been canned, maybe except 1 of them.

Obviously Gekko if they still have the rights to Stargate will be a bit hesitant because of the past attempts. But I think an episodic Stargate could be good, and could lead to other future episodic releases.

Obviously also to keep costs down, you could be playing as a new member of SG-2 so no need for the previous stars to do any voice work.

• A Series of Unfortunate Events. The books are already very episodic, with a new location and a few new quirky 'NPCs' in each one, fitting a multi-episode season. Violet's method of inventing (find a few objects in the area and combine them) is a perfect fit for an adventure/puzzle game. The visuals have the potential to be very stylish and distinctive without needing to be too graphics-intensive. And it's a well-known and reasonably popular property that nobody else is doing anything with, a perfect target for Telltale to snap up.

• At first I wasn't too sure about The Walking Dead by TellTale Games, but once episode 1 was free, I bought the rest afterwards because it's so damn addicting and such a masterpiece TTG has created.

So, anyway, I was wondering if TellTale Games will ever produce a game based on the TV Series of Dexter?

If you don't know who Dexter is, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8-Rqo-VT4

Bye.

• I've been with Telltale since I picked up TOMI late and then BTTF, PA, and WD. I have been thinking about the next game Telltale could make to use the engine from the Walking Dead game. I honestly think a game set in the universe of Jeff Lemire's Sweet Tooth would be amazing. The engine might need some modifying since the Sweet Tooth comic book obviously has a very distinct style from the Walking Dead comic but I think Telltale could make it work.

For those who don't know what Sweet Tooth is, it is an amazing creator owned, Vertigo published monthly comic series post-apocolypse. All children born after the apocolypse have animal qualities, with some being more animal than human. You know these children are innocent but it still gives you a feeling of creepiness almost to look at some of them which in turn makes you feel guilty. It really is an amazing series, but unfortunately, the final issue, #40, is coming out early 2013 (jan, i think). It's one of my favourite creator owned books coming out right now (right next to Kirkman's other stuff, Saga, and a few others that are also great). The story features prominent themes of religion, trust, love and innocence.

I think Telltale could totally choose whether to just copy paste the story almost directly, create a sequel to the series (unlikely since I don't think Lemire would go for that, and it wouldn't make much money either) or create a game set in the universe of Sweet Tooth (probably would be the best option; provides Telltale with a blank slate with simple rules like the WD game, only difference is that in Sweet Tooth they actually know the cause, and it is a major focus, but I think Telltale could completely ignore the cause and just do a story in that world).

I have no clue if Jeff Lemire would go for this (I've read his blog but I don't know if this would be something he would like) but I would love to be able to explore the world of Gus and Jeppard. If anyone has read the series and would like to talk about it or has any ideas for the game (I'd say limit the Sweet Tooth spoilers to the first 3 issues), I'd love to read about it below.

Add Comment