User Avatar Image

Unable to flip switch 9!

posted by sp0rtl1fe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Dear Telltale,

I have encountered a game stopping bug where in episode 3 on the train, after I activate switch 6 and 5 I head outside to the engine compartment to switch 9 it does not give me any interaction options. This is really a game stopper! I already tried rewinding but it keeps happening.

Please help me fix this.

11659417.jpg

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

    I do understand your concerns, and want to assure you that we have tested to make sure these episodes will resolve the issue. I would like to reiterate that you only need episode 4 or 5 or both. However, this is only a workaround and we are still looking into this issue and hopefully will have a solution soon.

  • Matt,

    We undertand you are working in a patch, but you cant say to us that we can "fix" it if we bought episodes 4 and 5. Can you say us thats episdes dont has this kind of bug (i mean, the "i cant play the game i purchase")? I think you cant, considering the actual situation.

    Telltale HAS to compensate the gamers, Xbox Live support dont do anything wrong, i use my point, they get me my game, is YOURS game that dont work.

    So Matt, the winners of the game of the year just gonna ingore us?

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @Vertig0 said: Matt,

    We undertand you are working in a patch, but you cant say to us that we can "fix" it if we bought episodes 4 and 5. Can you say us thats episdes dont has this kind of bug (i mean, the "i cant play the game i purchase")? I think you cant, considering the actual situation.

    Telltale HAS to compensate the gamers, Xbox Live support dont do anything wrong, i use my point, they get me my game, is YOURS game that dont work.

    So Matt, the winners of the game of the year just gonna ingore us?


    What Matt is saying is that if you purchase and download episode 4 or 5, it acts as a workaround for this bug. If you don't want to buy episode 4 or 5, you can wait for the patch, which is being worked on now. You're not being ignored, as you already acknowledged that Telltale is working on the patch.

    The problem has to be pinned down in the code (and with hundreds of thousands of lines of code in a program, this process takes a while), a patch needs to be coded, that patch needs to be sent to Microsoft, where it needs to be approved by Microsoft, and then Microsoft has to release it on their server. The Telltale team is working on the problem, please be patient as the process isn't immediate.

  • So, this same thing happened with me - the use icon not appearing over switch 9, and the notepad glitch as described in this thread. I downloaded episodes 4 and 5 in good faith that this would work, and restarted my Xbox. My save was deleted. So, being a complete idiot, I tried playing through episodes 1-2 again. And guess what? When I finished episode 2, and tried to continue onto episode 3, it just dumped me back at the start of episode 1 and rewrote my save. Again. Where do I go from here? Do I play through, AGAIN, in the hope that I might finally be able to play the game that I paid for?

    What gives, Telltale? You've put out an obviously broken game, and don't really seem to care about fixing it. Why would you? You have our money, right?

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @MachoMadness said: So, this same thing happened with me - the use icon not appearing over switch 9, and the notepad glitch as described in this thread. I downloaded episodes 4 and 5 in good faith that this would work, and restarted my Xbox. My save was deleted. So, being a complete idiot, I tried playing through episodes 1-2 again. And guess what? When I finished episode 2, and tried to continue onto episode 3, it just dumped me back at the start of episode 1 and rewrote my save. Again. Where do I go from here? Do I play through, AGAIN, in the hope that I might finally be able to play the game that I paid for?


    Try the suggestions made in this thread. If that works for you, you should be able to continue from the start of episode 3.

  • I experienced the same problems as described in this thread. I was not able to hit the number 9 switch. I tried to download the next episode (finding this a very weird workaround) but it erased my savegame. I even tried the savegame copying workaround but it didn't retrieve my progress.

    As I find this absolutely unacceptable I will be filing a complaint with Microsoft.

    As you won 'The Game of The Year Award' for this game a lot of people will be buying this game. You should add a warning to your website:'You might experience problems completing this game!'

  • @Jennifer said: Try the suggestions made in this thread. If that works for you, you should be able to continue from the start of episode 3.




    I'm not entirely hopeful, but I'll give it a try. For some reason, my stats from Episode two have been wiped (although I can still bring up the stats menu by hitting Y when selecting a level, so somewhere the game knows I've completed it, but it just brings up blank red bars), but the stats from from Episode one are still there and I believe are fine. Any word on what this issue is? I haven't seen anyone else mention it and wonder if it might be related.

  • To all those who find it unacceptable that a bug of such magnitude could've found it's way into the production version of the game, you'll be glad to know that Microsoft will refund your points. As they just have for me.

  • @Jennifer said: Try the suggestions made in this thread. If that works for you, you should be able to continue from the start of episode 3.



    That workaround appeared to work (although I had to copy the file twice for some reason), and I was able to restart episode 3. However, next time I launched the game it reset me to episode 1 AGAIN, but luckily this time I had kept a backup save just in case. After overwriting the reset save with my backup it worked fine. The Switch 9 bug is now completely gone, but unfortunately I've come up against another bug. After cutting Clementine's hair, the camera flips out and cuts to the outside of the train, and I can't seem to do anything about this. I can move the camera left and right slightly, as it would if Lee were walking around inside the train, but it's just... outside the train. There are no use icons appearing anywhere.

    While it's relieving to finally solve one bug which had me wasting hours on it, the fact that there's another one so soon after is pretty annoying.

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @MachoMadness said: That workaround appeared to work (although I had to copy the file twice for some reason), and I was able to restart episode 3. However, next time I launched the game it reset me to episode 1 AGAIN, but luckily this time I had kept a backup save just in case. After overwriting the reset save with my backup it worked fine. The Switch 9 bug is now completely gone, but unfortunately I've come up against another bug. After cutting Clementine's hair, the camera flips out and cuts to the outside of the train, and I can't seem to do anything about this. I can move the camera left and right slightly, as it would if Lee were walking around inside the train, but it's just... outside the train. There are no use icons appearing anywhere.

    While it's relieving to finally solve one bug which had me wasting hours on it, the fact that there's another one so soon after is pretty annoying.


    I've not heard about this one, although I've experienced weird bugs like that in the past in other games. In my case they were just one time things, which were resolved by playing the section over. Try rewinding the game to the section just before that one and try playing through again. Hopefully that will work for you.

Add Comment