User Avatar Image

Family Guy thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 508 users

Hi everyone, I made this thread so everyone can talk about what i think is one of the funniest series. You can talk about anything Family guy like the characters , episodes,the movie (Stewie Griffin the untold story), the games and anything Family Guy related. Also expect Darth Marsden to come in this thread to inform us about the new Family Guy game :D.

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's my second favourite cartoon and I love the musical episodes. Seth MacFarlane's voice is amazing. Never played any of the games though, should check them out.

Family Guy (along with cracked.com) taught me everything I know about Star Wars.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Somehow I knew, just KNEW, that this thread would come into existence the moment you mentioned the games in the 'Telltale should make' thread. You're as predictable as the sun rising, Ryan.

On topic - DO NOT PLAY THE GAMES. Neither is any good. The first is borderline broken in places (Hi forced stealth sections that barely work!) and the second is just... boring. And I should know. I played it to write a collectables guide. FOUR TIMES.

...wait. @ryannumber1gamer said: Also expect Darth Marsden to come in this thread to inform us about the new Family Guy game :D....

...well played, Ryan. Well played.

• @Darth Marsden said: Somehow I knew, just KNEW, that this thread would come into existence the moment you mentioned the games in the 'Telltale should make' thread. You're as predictable as the sun rising, Ryan.

On topic - DO NOT PLAY THE GAMES. Neither is any good. The first is borderline broken in places (Hi forced stealth sections that barely work!) and the second is just... boring. And I should know. I played it to write a collectables guide. FOUR TIMES.

...wait....

...well played, Ryan. Well played.

1.Your predictable too Darth ;)

2.I was thinking about making a Family Guy thread for a while, I just decided to make the thread today :)

• First few seasons were good. Then they got cancelled. And unlike Futurama, when Family Guy came back, it wasn't the same. The series is now mostly about torturing Meg Griffin, Stewie Griffin's homosexuality, unnecessary violence, fart/vomit/crap jokes, and racial/religious/sexual bigotry. The only Family Guy episodes that I enjoy from their more modern run are the Star Wars ones.

• Man, this thread is worse than the time I went on a leisurely activity with a C-list celebrity from the 80's.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Shadowknight1 said: First few seasons were good. Then they got cancelled. [...] The series is now mostly about torturing Meg Griffin, Stewie Griffin's homosexuality, unnecessary violence, fart/vomit/crap jokes, and racial/religious/sexual bigotry.

I find some of their episodes have their moments (for example, I very much enjoyed Mr & Mrs Stewie, which was probably due to Stewie himself being very much like his old pre-gay-jokes persona), but on the whole the show has long run its course and is more about doing things for shock value, focusing on the elements Shadowkinght mentions, rather than because it has anything interesting to say or do.

• I think Stewie Griffin the untold story is good enough. I also enjoy season 4 and a couple other seasons.

• It's badly done Vaudeville style humor. That is all.

• Unfortunately, Family Guy shows what the current trend is in television and in modern media in general. It's not about the 20+ or 30+ demography, it's all about the teens nowadays. Just look at video games. Stuff that is rated M for mature isn't always thematically mature. Just because something has a lot of language or violence, or sex, doesn't mean it's immediately mature.

A lot of what Family Guy tries to do is bring up mature topics, but the one thing they're doing wrong, or actually two things, is the fact that they over-simplify the issues and make it a parody. It's not even satyrical, it's straight-up a parody of a satyre. Not the Spaceballs / Men In Tights kind of parody, the Disaster Movie kind.

• Well, Family Guy Online is going offline early next year.

Add Comment