User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 33.8K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Worth noting that 'that site' is rodeoarcade.com.

Oh, and I got the same shirt. 'cause it's awesome.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

frontcover1.jpg
    (Took this image off the net because I wanted to show it with some dimensionality instead of just the cover. Actual book should arrive tomorrow. Still... those trees should be brown?!?)

• What, and add a third colour to the cover? Honestly, do you think money grows on trees?

Last bought Trine and The Chronicles of Athena: Assault on Dark Athena. Because they were cheap. I'm scared my addiction to Steam sales may have spread to GOG. Someone please get me some help...

• Cream Cheese. For cream cheese sugar cookies. They're awesome.

• Two tickets to Cheech & Chong live Light Up Europe 2013 tour!!!
    Can't wait.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: What, and add a third colour to the cover? Honestly, do you think money grows on trees?

Well, I would have appreciated the effort. The book arrived today, and it IS a beautiful edition, but the dark ink of all things isn't really chosen well. It is still of somewhat brownish color if you look really hard, but the bad thing is that it's quite glossy. Also, the cloth-bound cover lends itself to decoloration somewhat, so its edges will turn white quickly. I had also hoped for more of an engraved cover, which this edition doesn't have.

BUT it does not only include the sample LotR chapter, but also Christopher Tolkien's 1987 foreword to the 50th anniversary edition, which I have never read; AND the cloth feels very bibliophile in your hand when you read it. Recommended, 7.5 of ten stars. ;)

• @Darth Marsden said: What, and add a third colour to the cover? Honestly, do you think money grows on trees?

American money is a combination of cotton and linen, so while money doesn't grow on trees, it does grow from plants.

• Why can none of you just nod, smile and say "I see what you did there"? Honestly.

Last bought dinner from McDonalds. Woo.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Johro said: Cream Cheese. For cream cheese sugar cookies. They're awesome.

Pictures please (if they're not all gone already)!

@Johro said: [The Hobbit]

I won't go see "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" until after I've read the book, so that's the last item The Dude bought. :p

• @puzzlebox said: Pictures please (if they're not all gone already)!

Yeah, they're gone, but I'm going to make more soon. They just look like normal sugar cookies except softer and smaller than most people make them because of that. I can't frost worth a crap so that was kind of smeared on lol.

Uh... I bought a muffin.

Add Comment