User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.2K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Hobbit - 8/10

The movie was beautifully done. I loved the characters. But I'm taking away points for plodding along at the beginning and for taking so long to get things going. I hope the next two will move at a bit quicker pace.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I hope the next two will move at a bit quicker pace.

I don't think there's much chance of that happening. The source material is pretty scarce compared to LotR, so the third movie will provably be all battle of five armies. Jackson loves epic battle filler. Remember King Kong? That movie lasts at least an hour longer than its plot does.

• Kill Bill - 9.5/10

Don't have a lot to say apart from it was SO enjoyable! Why I took so long to watch it I'll never know, it just takes me forever to get round to watching films. The ending was frustrating though because I don't know when the second one is on (watched it on BBC3).

• @looby said: Kill Bill - 9.5/10

Don't have a lot to say apart from it was SO enjoyable! Why I took so long to watch it I'll never know, it just takes me forever to get round to watching films. The ending was frustrating though because I don't know when the second one is on (watched it on BBC3).

I hope it isn't too long. These two were the last movies I watched in a cinema. I remember seeing the first one and going into the next best store to get the soundtrack after. Still my favorite movie of all time.

• The Watch- 6.5/10. Well, I wanted to watch some more Jonah Hill movies. This one had very obscene jokes, sometimes placed inappropriately throughout the movie. Also, the 4 main characters acted like kids in the watch group. It had aliens, which was alright.

• @flesk said: I don't think there's much chance of that happening. The source material is pretty scarce compared to LotR, so the third movie will provably be all battle of five armies. Jackson loves epic battle filler. Remember King Kong? That movie lasts at least an hour longer than its plot does.

Well, I expect the next movie to end with the death of Smaug. Not sure if the White Council's assault on Dol Guldur will be in movie 2 or movie 3.

I will also say that I'm glad that they added that one little bit to add to Thorin's dislike of elves. And also...it is so weird to see Hugo Weaving NOT looking like he's constantly frowning.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@flesk said: I don't think there's much chance of that happening. The source material is pretty scarce compared to LotR, so the third movie will provably be all battle of five armies. Jackson loves epic battle filler. Remember King Kong? That movie lasts at least an hour longer than its plot does.

He just told half the book in three hours, and that was too long. He now has six hours left, double the time, for the other half of the book. So we may assume two hours "battle of the five armies" ... and another two "driving the necromancer out". :rolleyes:

If the Hobbit had two hours total, it could have been quite the movie. But nooooo, not for Jackie-boy!

• I think I can read the book faster than that. Oh dear.

• @Vainamoinen said: He just told half the book in three hours, and that was too long. He now has six hours left, double the time, for the other half of the book. So we may assume two hours "battle of the five armies" ... and another two "driving the necromancer out". :rolleyes:

If the Hobbit had two hours total, it could have been quite the movie. But nooooo, not for Jackie-boy!

...I suggest you look at the book again Vaina. The "halfway" point would technically be the fight against the spiders. The book is a little over 300 pages long(in the printing I own) and "Out of the Frying-Pan Into the Fire" ends at page 110. They still have Beorn, Mirkwood, the Elven halls, the barrel ride, Lake-Town, the finding of the secret door, Bilbo's riddles to Smaug, Smaug's attack on Lake-Town and subsequent death...and that's before we get the political "We don't owe you people anything since this is our mountain and the elves are jerks" stuff and then the battle and the journey home for Bilbo. And that's not counting any of the stuff in the appendices that they go with.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Sorry, I've read the book about 100 times and had almost written my master thesis on it (AND I will, by the way, receive my fifth copy tomorrow). The lack of knowledge which I must concede you are definitely correctly perceiving here is that I haven't yet seen the movie. ;)

Add Comment