User Avatar Image

You don't need to kill anyone

posted by montesinos7 on - last edited - Viewed by 412 users

You don't need to kill every character in the game to make it compelling. Many great movies/books don't kill any (Or at least not all) characters that you like and it is still compelling. Seriously, every character I liked (Except for Clementine and Molly (I liked the other ones that survived too but I was never attached to them) ) died. Mark, Kenny, Carley, Lee, even ben.

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @aaron1290 said: Ok, we wont kill anyone in the season 2! we can have kenny alive again and lee and clementine skipping off into a medow of flowers! and we can have christa and omids baby be the cure! and the St.Johns were just having a good ol' laugh too!

And why not - At end game lee and clementine skip off into a sunset and find themselfs outside a home and it smells like hot dish night then... lee goes in and chet and all the other fallen people are sitting at a table and then the next day everybody realised Duck wasnt bit he was just coming down with a cold AND the bullet missed - Katjaa - she was learning a new move for a her dog at home! ( play dead ) and carley AND doug get married.

Why not have BEN find the cure whilst your at it.

and lets have Larry alive and well and it secretly turns out he is gay and loves lee.

And the crew go to the swimming pool the next day!

EDIT: Then Beatrice and Irene were bulletproof!

When everyone we ever met on our travels sits down to eat - there is a knock on the door, Its lilly and a few zombies too! they all sit down and eat and lee gives the zombies a cinderella doll!
    then the zombies stand up and leave and lilly sees her dad after the zombies leave and its a typical running to eachover in a sunset field and hugging scene! Then lilly says '' i love you, Dad. ''

Larry then replies - I know, i have charm coming out of my ass!
    then The St.Johns and maybelle AND maybelles baby laugh until the neighbours - Jolene and danelle complain!

Because I said I wanted to have Lee survive and thats it...

• @CarScar said: tumblr_m9k9rowwJm1qhfzdpo2_500.jpg

That was such a smart response and so well constructed, the arguments were great!

• @montesinos7 said: Because I said I wanted to have Lee survive and thats it...

Yup, When the zombies came down to eat ( stated on my other post ) Lee and Carley got bit :O but need not worry because the hot dish made by chet was bite proof and the smell cured all the zombies at the table too! because there IS a cure for the zombies.

HOT DISH NIGHT CONFIRMED FOR SEASON2!!!

• @aaron1290 said: Yup, When the zombies came down to eat ( stated on my other post ) Lee and Carley got bit :O but need not worry because the hot dish made by chet was bite proof and the smell cured all the zombies at the table too! because there IS a cure for the zombies.

HOT DISH NIGHT CONFIRMED FOR SEASON2!!!

lol

• If no one dies in a zombie movie, then that's pretty dumb. There's no suspense, because you know everyone will live. The walking dead is a universe about the gritty reality of a zombie apocalypse. It would fall apart if it were just a land of happy skippy time.

• Yeah, the game doesn't have that much death compared to the comics, and some of them were pretty gruesome :eek:

• Well after looking back, if more people survived it wouldn't be as good IMO. I like every character in the game and while there are some people (Mark mainly) who I think should have lasted longer than they did, I don't think there is one person who should have survived who didn't. Clem had to; Omid and Christa I believe are still alive which I'm surprised not everyone does; Molly is gone off somewhere and has to come back somehow; Lilly is still alive and either headed to Woodbury with a trail of plot holes behind her, or she isn't that one and her fate is unknown much like Molly.

I'm happy with our list of survivors.

• @montesinos7 said: That was such a smart response and so well constructed, the arguments were great!

I don't need to really make an argument considering the game is called The Walking Dead game and if you're any bit familiar with the universe you'd know death just happens. It doesn't happen to make the game more compelling or what have you, it just happens because that's what happens in a zombie apocalypse.

• @CarScar said: I don't need to really make an argument considering the game is called The Walking Dead game and if you're any bit familiar with the universe you'd know death just happens. It doesn't happen to make the game more compelling or what have you, it just happens because that's what happens in a zombie apocalypse.

I have read the entire comic book series. Oh that's what actually happens? Funny because there has never been a zombie apocalypse.

• Telltale didn;t know they would make a Season 2 of the game when they had the story mapped out, so that may be why casualties were high for the group. If they had a Season 2 planned earlier, then maybe Lee would have lived, or a few more characters would have survived. But hey, in a ZA, just because you're in a group doesn't mean you'll make it. Some groups would crash and burn and die in a ZA, and I kind of like that we got to see that from Lee's perspective instead of the most liked characters surviving while everyone else dies around them.

Add Comment