User Avatar Image

How to live without money

posted by gaz be rotten on - last edited - Viewed by 527 users

Can someone please explain to me how anyone can live like this? Granted they are surviving but good lord:eek::eek::eek:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=339Xfbm_LkM

Has the government even offered any help for these people?:confused:

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hippies. Fucking hippies.

• @Sutinen said: Hippies. Fucking hippies.

What has drawn you to this conclusion? :confused:

• Hippies. Fucking hippies.

• @Noname215 said: Hippies. Fucking hippies.

You know, hippies might have been on to something. For one thing, they always seem a lot happier than everyone else.

• @Alcoremortis said: You know, hippies might have been on to something. For one thing, they always seem a lot happier than everyone else.

A subcultural imperative to be high and get laid constantly will do that. Being a hippy wasn't lame until the go-go 80's, just like being punk wasn't lame until the neo-junkie 90's. Youth movements change culture, then stagnate and outlive their usefulness. It's always sad to see (or worse, be part of), but happens every time.

• @Alcoremortis said: You know, hippies might have been on to something. For one thing, they always seem a lot happier than everyone else.

That's probably just the drugs.

• Or the constant thread necromancy.

• Looks like an anarchist squatter camp. They don't like the fuzz, and the fuzz don't like them.

They don't really like government support even if they could get it. Although I know a few hypocrites who still take it, i.e. get government 'education' ;).

However, don't get on the bad side of the black bloc anarchists... They might toss a rock or a Molotov your way....

Pretty much anyone who doesn't agree with them is called a 'fascist' (although they probably don't even know what an actual 'fascism' really is). They don't seem to have a problem with working along side actual 'communists' though. I mean literally, card carrying communist movements, LOL. "The enemy of the 'fascists' is my friend (even if the idea of communism as Marx defined it is itself a form of government!).
    You know, hippies might have been on to something. For one thing, they always seem a lot happier than everyone else.

Oh, no they aren't happy... They are vengeful and hate anyone who isn't like them! ;)

• You must know different hippies then. All the hippies I knew at Berkeley were super happy and also helped out with keeping the Occupy movement going when people had to drop to go to class and stuff.

• Well, this is going nowhere fast.

Or rather, was.

And since I apparently have to remind some people - please don't necro threads for no good reason. kthxbai.

This discussion has been closed.