1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Scaeva said: There was no way to restrain Zombie Larry. Salt licks wouldn't have worked anymore than putting bricks on a person's arms or legs would pin them down. Any slight movement is going to send them topling over to the side, and the weight of a couple salt licks wasn't going to keep his arms and legs pinned.

This. Not to mention they probably didn't have time to pile up salt licks onLarry anyway and the person piling up the salt licks would probably get bit. A real leader puts the safety of his group ahead of the feelings of one woman and a person who doesn't is simply too weak to make the right call.

And just because Kenny can't immediately give up on his son and kill him does not mean he wasn't making the right call and protecting the group. I would find making the right call on a bitten Clem much harder than making the call on bitten Larry for example. I would probably take more time and there's nothing unnatural or cruel about that. The whole "Kenny doesn't immediately kill his child so he is a hypocrite and a bad person" is weak.

• Getting O/T a bit, but does anyone else think Larry's death is kind of ironic?

When you first meet him he suggests smashing Duck's head because he might be bitten. Karma is a bitch, Larry. ;)

• @YamiRaziel said:
    You have to understand that Kenny wasn't protecting anyone in that meatlocker scene. If that were truly his intentions, then in ep.3 when his son got bitten, he would've have stopped the RV and dealt with it right away. He knew his son was bitten, he knew there wasn't any chance Duck would survive and he knew he was putting everyone in that RV in danger by letting Duck stay. Regardless, he let him stay because those same rules and survival instincts do not apply when his family is concerned. That's why I hate his personality and I can never forgive him for what he did.
    Nobody knew when exactly was Duck gonna turn. It could've happened while everybody was asleep. The least that could have happened was Katjaa getting bitten. She wouldn't let go of her son, no matter whether he turned while in her arms or not.

I don't blame Kenny for his feelings towards losing his son, I mean, losing a father is one thing but losing your only son is another. No parent should have to go through something so awful.

• @dukeleto said: I strongly recommend you to watch TV series - if you haven't seen them yet, so you can see how people (especially the group leaders) react to those who are about to lose their family members.

Yes, this is a Zombie Apocalypse which means that it is for everyone, every single person is experiencing the same nightmare and NO ONE is different than the other when you check hard situations, griefs, family issues, etc...

For further information, please watch Andrea&Amy scene and look for Rick's reaction.
    For more further information, please watch Tyreese&Ben's mother scene- look for Carl's reaction.
    A true leader respects people's feelings.
    Different from these examples, in the game our group was trapped in that meat locker I know, but I think even if a little boy like Carl could treat reasonable with family issues, a man with a family should have known better.
    If it WAS the purpose- blocking Larry from harming anyone in that meat locker- I'd put some salt licks on Larry's different body parts to limit his possible zombie movements than instantly busting Larry's head. Because I HAVE A BRAIN which I can use whenever I need.
    But if it was the purpose to kill him, well it depends...

On the other hand LEEME was there and I really pissed of when Kenny involved the situation which I was already taking care of.

Never mind, really you or I will not give up from our own angles on Kenny. So, lets end this discussion. Because you'll SURELY continue to defend a man(by saying he did everything for his family) who were [B]DOING NOTHING[/B] to search for an escape while LEEYOU were looking for an exit from that meat locker.
    Pretty please try to remember his words while you were trying to examine the air went and please remember his answer when you asked him if he had any tools on himself suitable to use on those screws.
    Last time I checked he was not looking like a mainstay of a family who was dying by scratching the walls to save his family.

God forgive Kenny. I hope he has died in that alley (or in dark room) for the well of the universe.

You're right about us not changing each others' opinions. 60+ pages of people argueing back and forth have surely proven that, but I think that, while Kenny may not be a stand up guy who'd put literally everyone ahead of himself, he's not evil. I see his actions as him doing the necessary things to ensure the group's survival, which of course includes the survival of his family, but he doesn't give up when they die. He gets everyone off the street in Savannah, even though it means leaving Chuck behind. Instead of blindly fleeing, the man finds a shotgun to give to Lee in the belltower so Lee can hold the walkers off so the group can escape. He tries to make sure everyone knows what to do if Lee faints again in the attic so that the other four of them don't die in case he turns. He helps the first person who needs it on the mission to rescue Clem, despite hating their guts, and he dies for it. Saying that him dying is good for the universe is wrong. He was just a man caught in impossible situations. If you think that people who wronged you should die, then why didn't you slam a brick of salt into Larry's face?

• @Wrighty said: This. Not to mention they probably didn't have time to pile up salt licks onLarry anyway and the person piling up the salt licks would probably get bit. A real leader puts the safety of his group ahead of the feelings of one woman and a person who doesn't is simply too weak to make the right call.

And just because Kenny can't immediately give up on his son and kill him does not mean he wasn't making the right call and protecting the group. I would find making the right call on a bitten Clem much harder than making the call on bitten Larry for example. I would probably take more time and there's nothing unnatural or cruel about that. The whole "Kenny doesn't immediately kill his child so he is a hypocrite and a bad person" is weak.

So because it is his son, that changes the rules? His son is nothing to the rest of the group member (except for Katjaa, ofc). Just accept it - Kenny is a coward and a hypocrite who doesn't really care about anyone else.

• Salt licks wouldn't hold him on the ground? You just sounded like you didn't see how Larry's face reshaped after he ate that salt lick. Your comment was just sided, I think.

For me, there is only ONE explanation to the situation above all other excuses:

Kenny doesn't care others' lives and feelings + Kenny panicked + Kenny doesn't have the balls + Kenny looked for a revenge + Kenny wanted to hold all strings in his hands + Kenny was trembling with the idea of a painful death

=

Kenny murdered Larry with no hesitation. Dastardly.

@Rock114 said: If you think that people who wronged you should die, then why didn't you slam a brick of salt into Larry's face?

Well, my friend. I didn't...

Because Larry thought it might not be the best idea to carry a murderer around. And he left LeeME behind with no other "personal" manner. And from his point it looked very reasonable to me.

Because Larry NEVER ever mentioned that we were friends. (and he kept the ball rolling, at least no lies)

Because Larry was how he was. It is about his personality, if he doesn't like a guy, then he doesn't. And this is way much more honest to me. Not like slippery Kenny.

Because there was really NO necessity to do it at that point. (Come on, where did you see a zombie acted like Sonic the Hedgehog or where did you see a zombie has some Cheetara moves in this game? You all sound like it was not possible to wait until the first signs of his turning. They were even not sure that he was dead. Even if he has turned, I'm pretty sure they can handle finishing him off before he could take a single step.)

Because I deeply believed that Larry is an ok guy.

You asked me why I didn't slam a brick of salt into Larry's face if I think that people who wronged me should die (P.S: I don't think people who did wrong to me should die), and I have a surprise for you:

I even gave Larry a portion while rationing food, in spite of he left me to death there in Pharmacy;

I did it...

Because I AM a good person.

• @dukeleto said: Salt licks couldn't hold him on the ground? You just sounded like you didn't see how Larry's face reshaped after he ate that salt lick. Your comment was just sided, I think.

There is only ONE explanation to the situation.
    Kenny doesn't care others' lives and feelings + Kenny panicked + Kenny doesn't have the balls + Kenny looked for a revenge + Kenny wanted to hold all strings in his hands + Kenny was trembling with the idea of a sudden death

=

He murdered Larry with no hesitation. Dastardly.

Well, my friend. I didn't...

Because Larry thought it might not be the best idea to carry a murderer around. And he left Lee behind with no other "personal" manner. And from his point it looked very reasonable to me.

Because Larry NEVER ever mentioned that we were friends. (and he kept the ball rolling, at least no lies)

Because Larry was how he was. It is about his personality, if he doesn't like a guy, then he doesn't. And this is way much more honest to me. Not like slippery Kenny.

Because there was really NO necessity to do it at that point. (Come on, where did you see a zombie acted like Sonic the Hedgehog or where did you see a zombie has some Cheetara moves? You all sound like it was not possible to wait until the first signs of his turning. They were even not sure that he was dead.)

Because I deeply believed that Larry is an ok guy.

You asked me why I didn't slam a brick of salt into Larry's face if I think that people who wronged me should die (P.S: I don't think people did wrong to me should die), I have a surprise for you:

I even gave him a portion while rationing food, in spite of he left me to death there;

Because I AM a good person.

I agree with everything here, well said.

• @dukeleto said: Salt licks wouldn't hold him on the ground? You just sounded like you didn't see how Larry's face reshaped after he ate that salt lick. Your comment was just sided, I think.

Larry's head was crushed because Kenny hurled the salt lick at his head. It wouldn't have had the same effect if Kenny had just gently placed it there.

Salt licks were not enough to keep Larry pinned to the ground. A salt lick weighs at most 10 or 15 pounds. You are going to need much more than the equivalent of 10 or 15 pound weights to pin down the arms and legs of a 6'4 300 lb man.

@dukeleto said:

Kenny murdered Larry with no hesitation. Dastardly.

Larry's heart had stopped. You can't murder a dead man.

• Because Kenny just chucked that salt lick the moment Larry hit the ground, didn't he? Hell, I bet he had it in his back pocket and was just waiting for a chance, right? Did you see the look on his face when he realized Larry was dead? He didn't want any revenge, although I have no doubt that killing Larry would not have affected him the same way as Duck and Kat's deaths did.

"You remember the poor bastard at the motel, how fast he turned?" I do. I also remember the first walker we ever encountered, the cop. He certainly leapt up like Sonic the Hedgehog. Even knowing all that, he's horrified at what he had to do for his family and the group. He didn't want all the strings in his hands. You make it sound like he was plotting Larry's death from the very beginning. Like he's some sort of assassin. He's not. He made sure that Larry didn't kill anybody after he came back. Kenny's no coward either, he's always had my back. The man even took a bullet to the gut for his son! He tried to save Ben, and he DID save Christa with zero hesitation. The man may have had a bit of a rough patch in the middle, but he was a hero in Episode 1 and he sure as hell died a hero in Episode 5. In my game Christa would be dead if it weren't for him, and he hated her as much as he did Lilly. If he's willing to save the person who got his family killed, or Lilly 2.0, you can't say that he was a truly evil person.

• Really no need to discuss further. Since we are all too different kinds of people, our actions or our intentions or our reactions on specific occasions are way different, too. As some of us just wants to get rid of the tension (plus it may depend on how much they care about "ethics") while some of us just keeps trying for the best to the last possible moment, no matter what and no matter who they are dealing with. So, please forget the "piling salt licks" issue or Sonic the Hedgehog issue for a moment, since the answer to these two depends on player's angles and capabilities.

The thing I want you to focus most is:

NO one but NO ONE has the right to act like an executioner when it comes to family issues. Kenny shouldn't KILL Larry, because simply he has NO right to do it. Simple. No .ucking right on someone else's life.
    No matter what it was not, never, ever, no way, hell no- his duty.

Kenny broke the first and the most important rule (and on my angle he caused a chain reaction on others- like Lilly killing Carley etc.):

"Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind." - Stitch

Add Comment