User Avatar Image

TT's King's Quest: R.I.P. (aka Really Improbable Project)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

I've heard that they have problems with the Activision's rights. Any TT official news or reference about the game (aside this forum thread) was deleted. They had a placeholder website similar to the Fable one, and it's not available anymore.
The last statement about it was "The genre doesn't need us anymore".
No official comments on the forum aside Mods, the last one being one year old.

So.....
Telltale's King's Quest R.I.P.?
:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Legendary still is something that they can use to advertise it. They are after all bringing back a legendary title and I can see that being used as a major selling point. And that by its own right can arouse interest from new generations as well, not to speak about that old school game titles are on the rise on the general level, thanks to digital distribution.

• Well ironically enough Sierra used 'legendary' nearly every time Roberta Williams made a game! But she isn't behind this one.

I'm pretty sure they used 'legendary' in advertising previous KQ games when they were first released. But, hey it sounds 'cool', and it is a game series that bases much of its material on fairy tales and 'legends'....! So they aren't exaggerating.

• the walking dead winning game of the year is cool... But I do not think people will all of a sudden start buying up adventure games like crazy.. I don't think ttg is now too big or successful for kings quest.. I really doubt we will see another adventure game reach that sort of acclaim any time soon... Besides there have been a few older series getting successful reboots like x-com no reason to think kings quest can't do the same with a company who just got alot of attention for a game in that genre.

• @Blackthorne519 said: In fact, I'm so confident that they won't be making King's Quest, I'll give everyone who posts in this thread a free copy of Quest For Infamy next year if they're still making it.

I'll take that bet (especially since it doesn't cost me anything if I lose).

This seems to be the way TTG works. They announced a ton of games at once, but then have pretty much been tight-lipped on all of them until near release. I didn't hear anything about the Walking Dead until it came out, and suddenly it was everywhere. They barely said the word "Fables" since the initial announcement, but they're talking about it now.

• The fact that they announced this game makes me think they've committed to making it. Have they ever announced a game then gone back on it? The success of TWD might push KQ down the queue a bit, but I can't imagine them going through the trouble of acquiring the license only to do nothing with it. This company has taken much greater risks than KQ (Hector).

As long as there's nothing official said, and this forum remains open, I see no reason to think it's not getting made.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Ask a random gamer if they've heard of King's Quest. It's not legendary. It should be, but it isn't.

There are also a lot of people who watch movies who have never seen Citizen Kane or Casablanca. Numbers aren't everything when it comes to such distinctions.

• Have they ever announced a game then gone back on it?

Some of us are still waiting for the rest of the Bone series :p...

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@BagginsKQ said: Some of us are still waiting for the rest of the Bone series :p...

I'm one of them!

• Posting for free Quest For Infamy.

• Heh. Right on, JuntMonkey. The codicil is that if QFI comes out before KQ, you have to buy QFI. I'll HUNT YOU ALL DOWN AND MAKE YOU PAY!

Bt

This discussion has been closed.