User Avatar Image

Who cried during the finale?

posted by DatDude on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users

Admitting tears is no shame:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah I teared up a bit when Lee told clem she was smarter than all of them.

• Just Clem's voice at the end after you collapsed

It really hurt

• I was teary eyed. Not full blown crying, but I easily could have.

• I rarely cry and this is no exception. Not because i'm too "manly" or heartless or anything, i just don't.

It was quite depressing and tore at my emotions of course, but i didn't cry(i definitely would have if i cried easily).

• I did not cry during Episode 5. I cried during Episode 3.

Duck's death is for me, the saddest moment in the series. Lee's death I saw coming. I thought Duck was "safe" and if he did die, it would be in a fairly innocuous way. Instead they really ran him through the mill. Devestating. Telltale were such bastards putting the "Batman and Robin" detective sequence right before Duck's death, they did that purely to make us like Duck so we'd be gutpunched when he went ;)

(They did a similar thing with Carly - shortly before her death you can have a conversation where she implies she'll meet up with Lee for some hanky-panky later. This is to titillate you and make you predict a romance, so you'll be gutted when she gets shot in the head minutes later.)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

And now we know who really cried during the finale.

Dave Fennoy, during the recording.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kp8PxOKig&t=16m30s

• I cry very easily so yeah (but surprisingly, I rarely cry over movies and books). In fact, I have never cried so much over a fictional story, except The Grave of the Fireflies maybe (which was adaptated from a true story).

I already cried a little bit during the second episode, when you discover what happened to Mark (it was a big shock to see him like this, even though I expected it) and when Clementine begins to cry in the meatlocker, but nothing more than a few tears.
    I bawled when it became clear Duck couldn't be saved and when he and Katjaa died. I'm a cancer survivor (it happened when I was very young and I was expected to die the following month) and I saw how devastating it is for parents to know your child is dying, so I couldn't help relating.

I didn't cry at Ben and Kenny's death, even though I like them.
    I was devastated at the end of the game. I cried so much I had to gasp for air. Poor Clem lost a second father, they cared so much for eachother.

• I got teary eyed when Clem was helping Lee walk and how she was telling him he could lean on her. But during Lee's final conversation with Clem I could barely see the answers. First time I've ever cried during a video game.

These two scenes burnt into my brain, so I cannot rid of them. Head shaking doesn't help. But I'm glad there is no multi endings in the game. Because, I think, it can destroy the whole story, e.g. Heavy Rain(PS3), I didn't know what I should feel in the end, knowing there are different endings in the game.

I am looking forward to Season 2, but at the same time afraid to experience again the feeling, as if I lost a friend of mine.

Telltale Games, thank you for the game, that can invoke unforgettable feelings.

• @Textbook said: I did not cry during Episode 5. I cried during Episode 3.

Duck's death is for me, the saddest moment in the series. Lee's death I saw coming. I thought Duck was "safe" and if he did die, it would be in a fairly innocuous way. Instead they really ran him through the mill. Devestating. Telltale were such bastards putting the "Batman and Robin" detective sequence right before Duck's death, they did that purely to make us like Duck so we'd be gutpunched when he went ;)

(They did a similar thing with Carly - shortly before her death you can have a conversation where she implies she'll meet up with Lee for some hanky-panky later. This is to titillate you and make you predict a romance, so you'll be gutted when she gets shot in the head minutes later.)

Duck's death was also the saddest moment in the series for me.

Like you I saw Lee's death coming long before it happened. The moment it was revealed that he was a convicted murderer, I knew they were going to go for the redemption storyline where he ends up dying to save someone else. (Clem)

That isn't to say that I wasn't sad when Lee died of course. I admit to crying at the end, but I thought Duck's death was the saddest moment of the game.

• I didn't cry, but I was depressed. Close enough, yes? :(

It was a powerful ending nevertheless... very emotional.

The most powerful scenes for me were:-

1) Lee's Death
    2) Duck + Kaatja's Death
    3) The little boy in the attic

Add Comment