User Avatar Image

Who cried during the finale?

posted by DatDude on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

Admitting tears is no shame:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Master of Aeons said: It pretty much takes John Lasseter to get tears out of me.

Did you cry during Toy Story?

• I didn't cry in the ending of episode 5, because I was shocked. Two days later, when I watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-bXhI4AzNg&list=LLXgd3evnUaIzQ50nSl1evgQ I was cryed like a child, for the first time in 8 years, after my dog's died. So... I voted that I was cry during the ending.

• @Vainamoinen said: And now we know who really cried during the finale.

Dave Fennoy, during the recording.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kp8PxOKig&t=16m30s

Yeah, that was impressive to see!

Also, I sniffled during the end of Episode 4 when Clem turned her back on me.
    I had teary eyes when Kenny sacrificed himself to save Christa.
    I all out cried when Clemmy had to shoot Lee.

• @NessaT said: I didn't cry, but I was depressed. Close enough, yes? :(

It was a powerful ending nevertheless... very emotional.

The most powerful scenes for me were:-

1) Lee's Death
    2) Duck + Kaatja's Death
    3) The little boy in the attic

There are my top three as well, though for me it was Duck's death followed by Lee's, and the attic boy as third.

I didn't cry for the child in the attic, but it was a sad scene that greatly affected me. Particularly since it was also a reminder for both Lee and Kenny, of what had happened with Duck.

• I didn't cry but I did get teary-eyed. Same with when Kenny and Ben died. Duck too.

• There is no way this ending can be considered "predictable." For that, it would have had to have the usual happy ending, and no kids allowed to die approach that every single zombie video game up until this point has avoided.

Let's compare Sherry Birkin's fate to Clementine's. Yeah, Sherry lost her parents but she still had Leon and Claire at the end of the day, and she grew up. Clem loses her sole protector in a world that isn't ever going to be saved (if we go by Kirkman's words) and is left all alone where she can and most likely will be killed, murdered or even worse.

This is The Walking Dead. There are no happy endings. So, yes I cried...especially with how realistic everything turned out. Your one hope is left ambiguous...at best. The ending just feels so uncertain.

• I just beat ep. 5 about 10 mins ago.

This is a great game but it has taken a toll on me. It gave me an emotional beat down so I can't say it's one of my favorites. I'll admit to a great story and story progression but sometimes it's just too hard to endure lol. This is a video game for crying out loud so I heavily applaud them for getting me to feel this way. But this isn't for the faint of heart, and it is on the border for me.

I really loved it from the beginning to about midway through episode 3. Once chaos ensues (the deaths) I had a hard time staying invested. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it. But this type of scenario really gives you the "no hope" feeling which is very realistic but sucks.

• User Avatar Image
    G.Ross Telltale Staff

I've written this in other posts but it makes me so happy to know that you guys loved that scene so much. Everyone at Telltale pulled out the stops for episode 5 and everyone did an amazing job. I was really honored to be able to show Lee's final moments with Clem.

• First thing ever that I've played/watched/read that made me tear up.
    That's an accomplishment.

• @G.Ross said: I've written this in other posts but it makes me so happy to know that you guys loved that scene so much. Everyone at Telltale pulled out the stops for episode 5 and everyone did an amazing job. I was really honored to be able to show Lee's final moments with Clem.

It was one of the best moments I've had in gaming in quite awhile. Thank you!

Add Comment