User Avatar Image

My friend took a baseball bat and smashed the tv after the ending of episode 5

posted by DatDude on - last edited - Viewed by 262 users

It was insane.

I let him borrow my copy of the game, and he invited me to to his house to see him play the final episode. I knew he would probably get emotional since I saw how attatched he was to the characters and whatnot..I honestly did not expect though for him to react the way that he reacted.

When he saw that lee died, and saw the credits roll, he literally took this toy wooden baseball bat and literally swung with all of his power and smashed the tv to bits. Screwed him up emotionally, insane.

Congrats telltale? :o

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Textbook said: Story feels false to me.



    Well, I wouldn't have a reason to bs. Just thought it was quite surreal...I mean, I saw alot of videos of people breaking down crying over the ending on youtube, I thought for sure he would cry or be emotional to some extent, I just didn't expect him to react the way he did. lol.

    As for pictures, I would love to post them... except for the fact I didn't take any... and, to be quite honest, I feel like I would be invading his privacy anyway's by making him look like some freak show by parading his smashed tv on the internet:(

  • Too bad you didn't take pics.
    Too bad for your friend though.. Assburgers can be a bitch.

  • User Avatar Image
    Mr. Standards Telltale Staff

    @G.Ross said: Yep. Pics please.


    You would ask for pictures wouldn't you... ; )

    I guess I'll help then. Was it a CRT? What size?

  • I have Asperger's Syndrome. I've never smashed a TV, but I do get rather emotional over things most people don't and overreact to things other people are a bit upset about. It's not necessarily a behavioral disorder, but a social one in that it can be hard to understand and conform to social norms in terms of communication and 'proper' reactions to things.

  • @Iyrsiiea said: I have Asperger's Syndrome. I've never smashed a TV, but I do get rather emotional over things most people don't and overreact to things other people are a bit upset about. It's not necessarily a behavioral disorder, but a social one in that it can be hard to understand and conform to social norms in terms of communication and 'proper' reactions to things.



    That doesn't sound like a disorder. That just sounds like every tumblr user ever. Every computer-era teenager ever.

    Come to think about it... I probably have Asperger's. And a lot of people I know and see sometimes probably do also.

  • so my friend who has aspergers syndrome..who went on an angry trip, concerns me now after the school shooting thing.

    I know it was confirmed that the shooter had aspergers, i pray to god my friend never becomes like him.

  • @DatDude said: so my friend who has aspergers syndrome..who went on an angry trip, concerns me now after the school shooting thing.

    I know it was confirmed that the shooter had aspergers, i pray to god my friend never becomes like him.



    He has the capacity for overblown emotional reactions and extremely violent irrational actions with little to no provocation, apparently. Honestly, if this kids parents aren't trying to get him help, then maybe you should. Who knows if he is capable of murdering innocent people, I'd rather not find out the hard way.

  • Does he only show aggression toward inanimate objects, or does he do this toward people too? Because I know someone with Aspergers who screamed and threw his calculator on the floor and stomped it to pieces when it didn't work properly, yet he is very kind and empathetic toward people, and I wouldn't worry about him being violent with others at all. There is so much about these things that people don't understand yet, and they try to lump everyone with a syndrome into one category, when they may be very different individuals.

  • hey yall, lets not talk about this, shall we? I think your friend would like to keep his own privacy about it and talking about him on a forum with strangers isnt really the best thing to do.. we all know what happened at conneticut was a tragedy, and we hope for the best for your friend, but its just not appropriate to talk about it on here.

  • @Typicaldavid said: hey yall, lets not talk about this, shall we? I think your friend would like to keep his own privacy about it and talking about him on a forum with strangers isnt really the best thing to do.. we all know what happened at conneticut was a tragedy, and we hope for the best for your friend, but its just not appropriate to talk about it on here.



    There is no harm in discussing it here. Nobody knows his identity, so his privacy isn't compromised.

Add Comment