User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 162.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Or this one, with Orson Welles and Liberace.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Or this one, with Orson Welles and Liberace.

I just love how he picks up the chicken at the end.

• Holy Cross of Coronado, the music in Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is amazing. Thank you, based Clint Bajakian. I feel like such a whippin badass in this game, and it's not because I'm Indienema Jones, it's because of the music.

• I just watched the teaser trailer for Red Dead Rebellion. Not much info, but a good nod to “A Few Dollars More."

• I'd post my favourite Christmas song on youtube but I'm afraid I'd get banned for it.

• @Alcoremortis said: Now that it's nearing Christmas, it's time to start watching our favorite Christmas themed youtube videos.

Like this comedy review that rips apart the god awful song, Christmas Shoes.

Hahahaha that was awesome! Always hated that stupid song.

• How many times do you think this will happen as we approach the end.

• Writing a script. Here’s a piece of it.

Scene 12

Setting: The house of Johnny Tranquilo. It is a small, normal two-storied house, with not much décor. When a person enters the house, if they look to their left they will see a dining room littered with books, bags and papers. If they were to look to their right, they would see a living room, with a rather straggly looking armchair facing away from the direction of the entrance towards a tv. Upstairs is a bathroom, the door closed. Asleep in the filled-up, overflowing-with-bubbles bathtub is Johnny Tranquilo.

Cut to: As the camera (in first person) glides forward in the hall, it turns right to face the living room. The television is still on, blaring the news report. Sitting on the couch in Ronnie Tranquilo, asleep and loudly snoring, a ruffled, torn bag of potato chips and a six-pack of beer lying at his feet. The camera then turns back towards the main hall, towards the staircase. The camera begins to bump as it goes up the staircase. Once it reaches the top, it goes straight to closed bathroom door. A small hand comes from the left-hand corner and opens the door. In goes the camera, which glides into the middle of the room, and positions over Johnny, still asleep in the bathtub.

Cut to: Timothy, standing in the middle of the room, with a blank, emotionless face.

Cut to: Timothy’s hand. In it is an icepick.

Cut to: Martha Tranquilo, Johnny’s mother, walks through the front door. She is wearing a rain coat and is carrying an unmbrella. She turns to look at Ronnie, still sitting on the couch.

MARTHA
    Lazy bum.

Cut to: a shot of Ronnie’s head. A large, bloody hole is on the side of his head, indicating that he is clearly dead. Martha is a blur. She turns her attention back towards the stairs.

MARTHA
    Johnny! (short pause) Johnny, I hope you’re not still in the tub, you’ll shrivel like a prune!

No answer.

Martha begins to climb the stairs, still a blur behind the shot of Ronnie’s corpse.

Cut to: Martha opening the door to the bathroom.

MARTHA
    Johnny, please tell me you’re not…

She screams in terror.

Cut to: An overhead shot of the bathtub. The water is no longer soapy, but lathery and bloody. An icepick is lodged in Johnny’s throat. Blood is leaking from the corners of his mouth. Still in overhead shot, Martha continues to scream, running out of the room. Still positioned over the bathtub, the camera very slowly begins to spiral down as screams continue to be heard. Eventually, they come to an awful, gargling stop. The camera stops just above the icepick.

Cut to: A side shot of Johnny’s head. A small hand plucks the icepick out of his skull.

• I'm gonna get Paper Mario Sticker Star soon. Either in the sales now or after Christmas but it looks fun as hell. The new leveling up looks way more fun then level grinding on enamys over and over.

• @Noname215 said: Writing a script. Here’s a piece of it.

Scene 12

Setting: The house of Johnny Tranquilo. It is a small, normal two-storied house, with not much décor. When a person enters the house, if they look to their left they will see a dining room littered with books, bags and papers. If they were to look to their right, they would see a living room, with a rather straggly looking armchair facing away from the direction of the entrance towards a tv. Upstairs is a bathroom, the door closed. Asleep in the filled-up, overflowing-with-bubbles bathtub is Johnny Tranquilo.

Cut to: As the camera (in first person) glides forward in the hall, it turns right to face the living room. The television is still on, blaring the news report. Sitting on the couch in Ronnie Tranquilo, asleep and loudly snoring, a ruffled, torn bag of potato chips and a six-pack of beer lying at his feet. The camera then turns back towards the main hall, towards the staircase. The camera begins to bump as it goes up the staircase. Once it reaches the top, it goes straight to closed bathroom door. A small hand comes from the left-hand corner and opens the door. In goes the camera, which glides into the middle of the room, and positions over Johnny, still asleep in the bathtub.

Cut to: Timothy, standing in the middle of the room, with a blank, emotionless face.

Cut to: Timothy’s hand. In it is an icepick.

Cut to: Martha Tranquilo, Johnny’s mother, walks through the front door. She is wearing a rain coat and is carrying an unmbrella. She turns to look at Ronnie, still sitting on the couch.

MARTHA
    Lazy bum.

Cut to: a shot of Ronnie’s head. A large, bloody hole is on the side of his head, indicating that he is clearly dead. Martha is a blur. She turns her attention back towards the stairs.

MARTHA
    Johnny! (short pause) Johnny, I hope you’re not still in the tub, you’ll shrivel like a prune!

No answer.

Martha begins to climb the stairs, still a blur behind the shot of Ronnie’s corpse.

Cut to: Martha opening the door to the bathroom.

MARTHA
    Johnny, please tell me you’re not…

She screams in terror.

Cut to: An overhead shot of the bathtub. The water is no longer soapy, but lathery and bloody. An icepick is lodged in Johnny’s throat. Blood is leaking from the corners of his mouth. Still in overhead shot, Martha continues to scream, running out of the room. Still positioned over the bathtub, the camera very slowly begins to spiral down as screams continue to be heard. Eventually, they come to an awful, gargling stop. The camera stops just above the icepick.

Cut to: A side shot of Johnny’s head. A small hand plucks the icepick out of his skull.

Sounds like something out of a Tarantino movie. Nice woik.

This discussion has been closed.