1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: i totally defeated you in the other thread :cool:

Nope.
    I'm afraid you did not. You are destroyed. :D

(P.S: For those, who'd like to read a funny challenge which thestalkinghead thinks he defeated me (BUT hell no :)), simply follow this link---->
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42426&page=2

• @dukeleto said: Nope.
    I'm afraid you did not. You are destroyed. :D

(P.S: For those, who'd like to read a funny challenge which thestalkinghead thinks he defeated me (BUT hell no :)), simply follow this link---->
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42426&page=2

yeah that thread where you agree that larry needed to be dealt with, but you didnt like the way kenny did it.

and then you said you would rather die that see your father have his head smashed in, implying that you would have killed lilly then larry :p

• Larry was the guy that wanted to trow an uninfected boy in the streets. Kenny wanted to drop a saltlick on a guy who had an heart attack. I supported neither of them, but Kenny never acted like an asshole because I agreed with him in most arguments with Lilly, not because I was his dog.

• @thestalkinghead said: yeah that thread where you agree that larry needed to be dealt with, but you didnt like the way kenny did it.

and then you said you would rather die that see your father have his head smashed in, implying that you would have killed lilly then larry :p

No surprise, you read whole story and all characters terribly wrong my friend.
    You are hopeless. :)

• All I heard from Kenny in the meat locker were facts. Larry was not breathing, he had no pulse, there was no medicine. No breathing + no pulse = dead. When you die, you come back as a walker. When you come back as a walker, you try to kill and eat living people. One bite, one little scratch, and it's all over. Larry didn't need to even kill anyone in the meat locker. If he came back and so much as scratched Lee, Clem, Lilly, or Kenny, then they would have died. Carley/Doug, Ben, Katjaa, and Duck also would ahve died. Those are all facts, or at the very least the most likely outcomes. So the man makes sure that nobody else dies, and gets pissed at Lee when he's willing to get the entire group killed to save some jackass who doesn't care about anyone but himself and his own family. Perhaps not even Lilly as much. Just give Lilly food the next time you play Episode 2, but don't give any to Larry. For a man who's sole reason for being the way he is is to "protect his daughter", you think he wouldn't complain about not being fed when his daughter was instead.

As for Kenny "stealing" from the lone car, the key word is "lone". There was absolutely no reason to suspect that the owners of the car were even still alive, let alone coming back. There's a reason that the majority of players took the food. You did pay attention earlier in the episode, right? When the group was starving? When they had no food? The entire reason everyone went to the dairy was because they had no food left. Without the food in the car, the entire group would have starved to death. You can't say that taking it was wrong because "Campman came back". Kenny thought the car was abandoned. Katjaa thought the same thing. The way you say him stealing from the car is bad makes it seem like the group definately starving to death slowly is what everyone should have done, based on the suspicion that the owners might be alive, and might come back. Lilly even says at the start of Episode 2 that the group needs to find more food. Food presents itself, and what does she do? "Let's leave it here guys, the people who we don't even know are alive or coming back for it need it more than our large group with two children that is currently starving".

Why wouldn't Kenny want Ben dead? I find it hilarious that you describe Ben as innocent. Ben's actions directly led to Duck being bitten and Kat commiting suicide, as well as Doug/Carley getting shot. Let's not forget Ben abandoning Clem to the walkers, which also gets Chuck killed when he has to step in and gets left behind. There's also Brie, who was eaten by the walkers that Ben let into the school. That's about five deaths resulting directly from his own actions before the belltower sequence. Ben even says himself that it's all his fault when he talks to Lee in private at Crawford. Kat and Duck were the people Kenny cared about most, the people he nearly died for at the St. John dairy. Ben got them, plus Carley/Doug, all killed in the same day, which was barely 24 hours in the past by the time the Crawford raid takes place. If you saw a chance to see the killer of your wife and child die like they did, barely a day or two after it happened, why wouldn't you take it? The man even forgives Ben for everything in the end! Tell him that Ben wanted to die in Crawford during the attic conversation. He'll even say "I'm glad it was you making that choice, and not me." Less than a day after realizing Ben killed his entire family, he forgives him and says that he's glad Ben didn't die. He even gives his life trying to save Ben, and when he realizes that he can't, he elects to use the one bullet he has left to painlessly mercy kill the kid who was responsible for his family's death. Which, in turn, results in his own death being drawn out and painful.

• @dukeleto said: No surprise, you read whole story and all characters terribly wrong my friend.
    You are hopeless. :)

well if kenny would do what would you make him do (bearing in mind that lilly isn't a saint) what would you have had him do?

• I actually don't have much issue with Kenny killing Larry. Personally I tried to help just to make absolutely sure he was dead while I still had time before smashing his face; Kenny didn't want to risk it. I don't think there was necessarily a right/wrong reaction in that situation.

Him leaving you to die twice right after that if you didn't help him kill Larry is ridiculous though.

• I treated him very well before his family went to pieces. Then afterward I let him beat me up and never sided with him again.

• @thestalkinghead said: misled in what way? he stated facts, like if you die you turn unless the brain is destroyed, larry was dead, he will turn unless his brain is destroyed therefore larry's brain needed to be destroyed

Whoa there Rambo, cool your jets! Maybe you wouldn't mind having a salt lick dropped on your head when you're "close enough" to being dead but that's not okay with everyone.:D

My vote is for CPR because I hear that "sometimes" it works.:)

• @Kiel555 said: Whoa there Rambo, cool your jets! Maybe you wouldn't mind having a salt lick dropped on your head when you're "close enough" to being dead but that's not okay with everyone.:D

My vote is for CPR because I hear that "sometimes" it works.:)

It does sometime work.

...when that person can be taken to the hospital after and be given proper treatment, which sometimes includes surgery.

Larry had a massive heart attack. He wasn't going to survive no matter what you did for him, because he was locked in a meat locker in a world in which there were no longer any hospitals.

Add Comment