User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 42.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gibbeynator said: It's a good deal considering the way the Humble THQ Bundle handled Dawn of War.

yep. Giving you one game you cannot buy on it's own normally because it only comes in a pack so you have to re-buy it if you want all the games.
    THQ are so charitable.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@der_ketzer said: Man that Dawn Of War Franchise pack. I'd buy it but they will not sell the english version to me because I live in the wrong country.

*gives a hint to his secret santa satan*

Repost that on the Santa page and you might get about Santa to notice. Maybe.

• It's irritating how you don't get extra copies of games that you already own in a bundle like this. I'd love to be able to gift the original Dawn of War to someone, but alas... tis not to be.

Seriously, get on that, Steam. It's bloody annoying.

• Latest Flash Deals:

Condemned: Criminal Origins - 66% off
    LIMBO - 75% off
    Quantum Conundrum - 75% off

• This sale is shining a bright light on how few good games were released this year.

• @KuroShiro said: This sale is shining a bright light on how few good games were released this year.

You are kidding. Right?
    Blackwell Deception, Botanicula, Legend Of Grimrock, Torchlight II, X-Com, Yesterday, Hell Yeah!, FTL, Hotline Miami, They Bleed Pixels, Mark Of The Ninja and Dishonored.
    All excellent, all released this year. And let's not forget that TTG put out one of the best interactive stories ever made this year.

• Blackwell Deception doesn't belong in the list.

It came out in 2011.

• @der_ketzer said: You are kidding. Right?
    Blackwell Deception, Botanicula, Legend Of Grimrock, Torchlight II, X-Com, Yesterday, Hell Yeah!, FTL, Hotline Miami, They Bleed Pixels, Mark Of The Ninja and Dishonored.
    All excellent, all released this year. And let's not forget that TTG put out one of the best interactive stories ever made this year.

I'm serious, I just wasn't talking about indie releases like Blackwell, FTL, Botanicula, etc.

I might just be a curmudgeon, but the only 'mainstream' game released this year that held any interest to me was X-Com.

• What else was there... Dishonoured? Assassin's Creed 3? Far Cry 3? Hitman: Absolution? Borderlands 2? Sleeping Dogs? Lego Lord of the Rings? Darksiders II? The Secret World? Prototype II? Spec Ops: The Line? Lego Batman 2? The Testament of Sherlock Holmes? Rayman Origins?

...none of those did anything for you? Not judging, just saying a fair few games came out that most consider 'good'.

• Dishonoured was alright, but too short. Thief--. The rest... nope, not really. I guess I'm a hipster now or something. :(

Add Comment