User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Primordia - 10/10

Beats out the somewhat disappointing, though still good Resonance, and just barely edges out Gemini Rue as my favorite Wadjet Eye adventure game. Seriously, seriously amazing writing on display here. I recognize a couple of the AGS modules in use, but the game is typically very original in the art department. None of the characters are grating, and you'll meet everyone from megalomaniacs to sleeping gods. Every bit of the world is fleshed out with an interesting back story, every major character features a detailed view of the world backed up by intelligent robotic logic, and the secondary characters all at least have memorable personalities. Unlike the asshole villain in Rue, you may find yourself agreeing with this one. Unfortunately, I wish the game had allowed for more of a moral grey area by the end, but the game pushes you a bit toward being too unnerved by the antagonist to side with it.

It's also possibly better than any Telltale game I've played (haven't beaten TWD), and though similar, I'd say it beats out Beneath a Steel Sky too.

• @Secret Fawful said: Primordia - 10/10

Beats out the somewhat disappointing, though still good Resonance, and just barely edges out Gemini Rue as my favorite Wadjet Eye adventure game. Seriously, seriously amazing writing on display here. I recognize a couple of the AGS modules in use, but the game is typically very original in the art department. None of the characters are grating, and you'll meet everyone from megalomaniacs to sleeping gods. Every bit of the world is fleshed out with an interesting back story, every major character features a detailed view of the world backed up by intelligent robotic logic, and the secondary characters all at least have memorable personalities. Unlike the asshole villain in Rue, you may find yourself agreeing with this one. Unfortunately, I wish the game had allowed for more of a moral grey area by the end, but the game pushes you a bit toward being too unnerved by the antagonist to side with it.

It's also possibly better than any Telltale game I've played (haven't beaten TWD), and though similar, I'd say it beats out Beneath a Steel Sky too.

I guess this means I have to go buy this game now. I mean, if it beats out Gemini Rue...

• Assassin's Creed 3

8.5/10

I really enjoyed it,but I didn't think some parts were as good as others.

• @Alcoremortis said: I guess this means I have to go buy this game now. I mean, if it beats out Gemini Rue...

They're very similar games in structure, but Primordia has something that Gemini Rue doesn't have. Crispin Horatiobuilt, v. 1.

• Mark Of The Ninja 9/10

Finally made it through New Game+ mode and got all achievements. Not too easy I might add. The game itself is wonderful in every way but one: The way it saves the checkpoints. In my 24-25 hours of playtime I had about 5 situations where a checkpoint moved me in a spot right next to an enemy. If you want full score you might as well restart the whole level at that point because the alarm will be triggered and you might have a hard time getting out of there alive.

• Umjammer Lammy (Lammy's Story) -8/10

Yesterday i finally got Umjammer Lammy on the Playstation Store and i'll start off by saying that the game has far better timing than Parappa 1! Almost all the songs were great too but i don't like Stage 4 or 6's songs. Also Retrovortex was right when he said watch out for Stage 3, It's hard. I would say Stage 3 & 6 gave me the most trouble to beat. Also another cool feature is being able to play as Parappa after beating the levels with Lammy.

• Broken Sword III - The Sleeping Dragon - 7/10

I've wanted to play this one for ages. The story is schlocky, but fun. It reminded me of a Sci-Fi Channel original at times, though. There were some parts that seemed to make no sense or not fit with the rest of the game. The Egypt section, especially. What the hell? How the hell does Anubis and Osiris fit in with a medieval dragon and the Voynich Manuscript, Revolution? George becoming a knight was worth it, but why the hell are the Neo-Templars suddenly good guys? The puzzles were great, but 80% of them involved pushing blocks. Then again, so did Ocarina of Time. The villain was a scary version of Christopher Walken from that James Bond movie. Loved Suzarro. The characters were just as great as ever, but weird in that Broken Sword way. The controls were great. I loved how the game handled interactions and inventory usage. I loved the finale. The art design reminded me a lot of Eternal Darkness, especially in the lighting and some of the locations. The best part, as always with BS games, was the sound design. I love those chimes the game plays whenever there's danger. And I loved the music. I really want to play BS4 now. George's narration in these reminds me of MacGyver. One part made me a little teary-eyed.

• Red Dead Redemption - 8/10

Story missions are very good; voice acting, music and graphics are top notch; stranger missions are decent to good.

Although there's a lot to do outside of the story, I got tired of trying to be completionist as hunting animals and picking herbs for the challenges/outfits was getting really tedious and boring.

Recommended. Just don't try too hard to complete everything.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 10/10

Reminds me of Super Metroid, except you have a sword and can turn into a wolf, a bat, and a cloud of gas. I finished the game with 200.2% map completion recorded.

People say this is likely the best Castlevania game ever made, and I will not dispute them. The game world is huge; the gameplay is fun; and the difficulty ramps up nicely and encourages me to level, yet it tapers off so that at the end I'm pwning everyone like they're made of butter (thanks to my level 99 sword familiar)... good times.

[EDIT:] Oh, and if you beat the game with one of the good endings as Alucard, you can start a new game as Richter Belmont. Gameplay as Richter is quite different from Alucard, so this gives quite a good reason to play through twice.[/EDIT]

Buy this game on XBLA or PSN. Please. You won't regret it.

• @Chyron8472 said: Red Dead Redemption - 8/10

Story missions are very good; voice acting, music and graphics are top notch; stranger missions are decent to good.

Although there's a lot to do outside of the story, I got tired of trying to be completionist as hunting animals and picking herbs for the challenges/outfits was getting really tedious and boring.

Recommended. Just don't try too hard to complete everything.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 10/10

Reminds me of Super Metroid, except you have a sword and can turn into a wolf, a bat, and a cloud of gas. I finished the game with 200.2% map completion recorded.

People say this is likely the best Castlevania game ever made, and I will not dispute them. The game world is huge; the gameplay is fun; and the difficulty ramps up nicely and encourages me to level, yet it tapers off so that at the end I'm pwning everyone like they're made of butter (thanks to my level 99 sword familiar)... good times.

[EDIT:] Oh, and if you beat the game with one of the good endings as Alucard, you can start a new game as Richter Belmont. Gameplay as Richter is quite different from Alucard, so this gives quite a good reason to play through twice.[/EDIT]

Buy this game on XBLA or PSN. Please. You won't regret it.

Heh. Despite owning it twice (on xbla and in PSP via Dracula X Chronicles), I still have yet to actually properly play through SOTN. XD

Add Comment