User Avatar Image

So... why do you like Carley?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Why is everyone so in love with Carley? Yeah her getting shot was bad, but honestly I was more mad about Doug getting shot.

If you are a Carley fan why do you like her character so much? For the fact she was a possible romance? Or that she was uber cute trying to put in batteries?

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Red Panda said: To be fair, I don't think anybody saw that coming. I didn't. Did you?

As unhinged as Lilly was, murder was something else and surprised many.

Don't get me wrong, I was as surprised as anyone. But I'd like to think if I was in an argument with someone in that situation and I knew they were armed I'd keep one eye on them and a hand on my gun until the situation was diffused.

As a piece of drama, it was top notch and I admit hindsight is great for me to make comments like that. In the heat of the moment mistakes are made but TWD hasn't been known to reward folks for making mistakes and they didn't with Carley either.

• @KMatt said: Don't get me wrong, I was as surprised as anyone. But I'd like to think if I was in an argument with someone in that situation and I knew they were armed I'd keep one eye on them and a hand on my gun until the situation was diffused.

As a piece of drama, it was top notch and I admit hindsight is great for me to make comments like that. In the heat of the moment mistakes are made but TWD hasn't been known to reward folks for making mistakes and they didn't with Carley either.

At least I had enough sense around to me NOT take the blame myself. As soon as I saw the "I did it" option, I took one look at Lilly and said "Nope, not sayin that." Lilly was freaking crazy, and I was too scared to even draw her ATTENTION toward me again, let alone say I was the one stealing the supplies. I actually felt like crap after Carley died, because I helped kill Larry and was too scared to take the fall so Carley didn't have to. I actually thought I was the reason she got shot.

• @Motordead said: Why is everyone so in love with Carley? Yeah her getting shot was bad, but honestly I was more mad about Doug getting shot.

If you are a Carley fan why do you like her character so much? For the fact she was a possible romance? Or that she was uber cute trying to put in batteries?

What about the breasts?

jk jk

• Actually, had Doug been the one to confront me in the office in episode 1, and not Carly...I would have likely chosen Doug my first time. However, she was the gun toting-hero, and I was going to value that more than someone who likely wouldn't be that useful outside of programming remotes.

I'm sorry, but that's how I called it. If there was an option to save both, then yes, I would have done that, so I made the best call in my mind. I will be going through the game again to see what his story and outcome are like, but from what I hear, yeah, Carly is the better option.

• After Lee's she is perhaps the most useful member of your group. She obviously isn't gifted with electronics or computers, but in that is hardly a drawback in an era where the power grid is offline and where surviving zombie attacks or bandit raids is a more pressing concern than getting a radio operational. She has a skillset that is far more useful: fearlessness in combat and a proficiency with firearms.

The other reason why I like Carley is that she was for the most part, a moral person. She risks her own life and rushes out to rescue Lee, Clem and Kenny's family when they get trapped by zombies early in the game, even though they were strangers. She also knows Lee's past but does not tell the others, and is the first among the group to be willing to give Lee a second chance. She is more concerned with the well being of Clementine than herself when you are short of food, and she tries to defend Ben from Lilly. (he was just a kid)

Her one stumble was not wanting to save the trapped girl at the motel. But considering the place was overrun with zombies, it was understandable, and everyone is allowed a few mistakes in the zombie apocalypse. ;)

• She saved your life numerous of times.
    She saved Clem numerous of times.
    If she was a real life person she would probably be pretty.
    She doesn't take any shit.
    She is caring.
    She is considerate.
    She is kind.
    She is a good person.
    She can hold her own.
    She is a great shot.

• As I recall on one of the interviews, they said most people who brought Lily along were also the people who saved Carley.

Yeeaahh... because Lily was just really useful and stable at that point.

• She had my back.

Come to think of it though, Doug did too in my other playthrough so I'm ok with both of em :D

• What it really came down to was "women and children first." I'm proud to say that's where my brain went in that moment.

• @Arbitrator said: As I recall on one of the interviews, they said most people who brought Lily along were also the people who saved Carley.

Yeeaahh... because Lily was just really useful and stable at that point.

I saved Carley and abandoned Lilly on the side of the road.

Add Comment