User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 22.9K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The games have been journeys. 1 month seems just too short and we dont want to walk into the comic.

• What if... They make a connection with the comic/show even more? My idea:

Remember morgan and his son from the tv show? What if season 2 has morgan and his son ? The two silouettes ? One was shorter than the other and i think it can definately be pulled off. Since rick in the tv show told morgan on radio to leave/dont come to atlanta because it wasnt safe. What if the first few episodes are about what happened to morgan and his son after meeting rick? And then around the third or fourth episode or so, they made thier way to savannah but find it only infested. So they left and are walking in the field. Clementine spots them and thats where they join up. I think its be kinda cool to try and make a story out of morgan and his son after meeting rick since nothing about them was shown after that.

• @Typicaljacob said: What if... They make a connection with the comic/show even more? My idea:

Remember morgan and his son from the tv show? What if season 2 has morgan and his son ? The two silouettes ? One was shorter than the other and i think it can definately be pulled off. Since rick in the tv show told morgan on radio to leave/dont come to atlanta because it wasnt safe. What if the first few episodes are about what happened to morgan and his son after meeting rick? And then around the third or fourth episode or so, they made thier way to savannah but find it only infested. So they left and are walking in the field. Clementine spots them and thats where they join up. I think its be kinda cool to try and make a story out of morgan and his son after meeting rick since nothing about them was shown after that.

Up until now, TT has considered the comics to be canon, not the show.

• @Fiddle Diddle said: Up until now, TT has considered the comics to be canon, not the show.

True. But then again, morgan is in the comics as well, though a little briefer than the show.

• @Typicaljacob said: True. But then again, morgan is in the comics as well, though a little briefer than the show.

Rick meets Morgan again in the comics later though and Morgan joins Rick's group.

• I think Christa's pregnancy will be one of the main plot points of Season 2. I don't think the two characters in the distance are Christa and Omid, but one is the main character who you play as and the other is another main character, and then them two along with Clementine find Christa and Omid (and Molly maybe as well). I think Omid will die in Season 2 and Christa will be heavily pregnant due to a time skip, assuming Christa is already around 2 to 3 months pregnant, the skip could just be 5 or 6 months). I hope they handle it differently to Lori's pregnancy in the comics and tv show. What do you guys think?

• I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. Do we know any facts about Season 2 other than that it's going to happen?

• @Galdis said: I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. Do we know any facts about Season 2 other than that it's going to happen?

Nothing concrete yet, i think. It's far into the future for now.

• What if Christa suffers a miscarriage and is eaten from inside out by her zombie baby? Horrible, O know, but it hasn't been done before in TWD and would be interesting to see...

• @Fabrimuch said: What if Christa suffers a miscarriage and is eaten from inside out by her zombie baby? Horrible, O know, but it hasn't been done before in TWD and would be interesting to see...

Is that possible? Do babies have teeth while in the womb?

Add Comment