User Avatar Image

If TTG could only make one more game?

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 446 users

If TTG could only make one more game ever? What game would you want it to be?

I would be really torn between another season of Monkey Island and Sam & Max... But a second season of Monkey Island would be my pick.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Zeruis said: Or Fables. I'm really excited to see that.

Me too! There is a crapton of talent here, I can't wait to see more of what they have in store for Fables.

@Zeruis said: A sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky.

As of September, Revolution was planning to do that (right after Broken Sword 5).

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@puzzlebox said: Me too! There is a crapton of talent here, I can't wait to see more of what they have in store for Fables.

Are you telling me you can't see it right now?? Like, with a glance over the cubicle?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Vainamoinen said: Are you telling me you can't see it right now?? Like, with a glance over the cubicle?

They keep me in the dungeon, it's very dark in here. :(

Just kidding... maybe I should have said "can't wait to see the finished product"!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@puzzlebox said:
    Just kidding... maybe I should have said "can't wait to see the finished product"!

That's more like it. You're in, so start teasing us! :D

• @JordyLicht said: Maniac Mansion 3. Period.

@JordyLicht said: A game set in the Grim Fandango universe... or something with a film noir detective.

It would be cool if Double Fine was able to do those games since they have Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer... I suppose they could also make one awesome Monkey Island game as well.

That said if it was announced that TTG was to make any of those games I would be really pleased.

• The fanboy in me says Monkey Island 6 because the world always needs more Monkey Island. But honestly, if Telltale could only make one more game ever? I'd want them to make something new. No more licensed characters, a brand new adventure game.

• New Monkey Island (I want to see Morgan return). Or Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade based game. Or Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. Indiana Jones would sound good too. New Zak McKracken, perhaps? Something new would be great if it would be epic.

• @DAISHI said: A sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky.

That's already happening, albeit not by Telltale.

• @VeronicanPlay said: A second season of Monkey Island, no doubt about it.

No doubt at all, I agree :)

• Yep, here's another vote for a second season of 'Tales of Monkey Island'. Not only do I wish for another Telltale Monkey Island season simply on the basis of the first one being an exceptionally crafted adventure game that excelled in all areas, but I also felt that there was more of a story to be told. There were un-concluded story threads, plot elements still left largely up to interpretation and speculation, and big, glaring questions still left unanswered. And all of this somehow felt intentional, as well, as though a revelation was still yet to come. This was basically confirmed by the cutscene after the credits, which served as an enormous cliff-hanger to the entire first season's events.

As far as I'm concerned, things still need to be resolved. Things reached a nice, temporary ending in the first season, but it wasn't a neat ending, and it didn't exactly provide the player with that much closure. It can sort of be likened to the ending of 'The Fellowship of the Ring' - a good ending in itself, but with obvious implications that there is more to come. Similarly, a lot of fans feel that there's more to come in 'Tales...'.

So, if I were to choose one more game for Telltale to make, it would be a second season of 'Tales...', because I feel the need to experience the second part of a saga that, to me, feels incomplete. And I believe that it NEEDS to be Telltale who makes it, because only they know/have the true vision for it.

Of course, I'm aware that any more Monkey Island content is unlikely, in the wake of recent events, but we shan't re-enter that discussion.

Add Comment