User Avatar Image

Did anyone else think the guy in the Train was Clementine's Dad at first?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 507 users

When Lee and Ben found the guy in the Train, I didn't get a clear first look at the picture on the wall and thought it was the same picture from Clementine's house. Then I remembered she said her Dad was an engineer, and this guy could have been a train engineer. He could have also fled from savannah in the train to find clementine, but he failed when the train crashed. It would have been interesting if that was case, it's too bad it wasn't.

Edit: Dear everyone: I meant the engineer in the front of the train, not chuck. Lrn2read.

12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, no one did, you are the only, single one who did think this.
    Seriously, no clue bro.
    I only know I didn't think that because I think her Father is dead, at least if he is that "Ed" her mother speaks about on the TAD. But maybe this Ed is just another guy in their travel group and they're bot alive.
    But I was pretty sure from the beginning that TTG wouldnt introduce any of Clem's parents before episode 5 or the very end of episode 4.

• Nope...according to the answering machine at her house in Ep1, he was sick and dying (presumably from a bite). So no, that thought never crossed my mind. In fact, I think both her parents are dead.

• Are you talking about Chuck?

Good lord *facepalm*

• No, that's a really dumb thing to think, no offence.

For one, the guy in the train was called Chuck/Charles, and her dad was called Ed.

And uhh... Clementine's dad was like... 20 years younger than Chuck...

If you seriously thought that he was her dad... wow.

That's like me seeing Christa and saying "OH MY GOD, is it just me or was that the Senator that Lee murdered for sleeping with his wife?!"

• @AwkwardlyNERD said: No, that's a really dumb thing to think, no offence.

For one, the guy in the train was called Chuck/Charles, and her dad was called Ed.

And uhh... Clementine's dad was like... 20 years younger than Chuck...

If you seriously thought that he was her dad... wow.

That's like me seeing Christa and saying "OH MY GOD, is it just me or was that the Senator that Lee murdered for sleeping with his wife?!"

He's not even talking about Chuck..... But it still makes no sense for her dad to be the train conductor for so many reasons.

• No, not for a second.

Reason: the voice messages in episode 1.

• No. Didn't cross my mind at all. I figured they were long dead and gone.

• The family picture in Clementine's house shows her dad to be a rather stockily built African American man.

The conductor was leaner and was white .

How the hell would you think he was Clem's dad?

• Nope. He had no physical appearance close to her dad. Besides, it wouldn't make sense for one of her parents to be introduced in the third episode.

• You might have looked a white decomposed body as a black guy.. And Clementine's dad was much more "buff" in appearance. Not that skinny.
    Besides, what the fuck would Clementine's dad be doing in a train, while he was basically dead in a hospital bed? The conductor even had workwear on, he wouldn't be wearing that while he's on a holiday.

Add Comment