User Avatar Image

If Clem is the Protagonist I will not buy season 2 and heres why!

posted by GiddyKickinwing on - last edited - Viewed by 745 users

Plain & Simple

daryl2.jpg

-I can not handle anymore of clem.
-Clem as a protagonist would ruin season 2.
-Season 1 I wanted to focus on survival not be a dad.
-Clem got very annoying towards the end and there was no choice in not
includeing her in every possible situation.

Season 2

1. Bring in a new group of survivors.

2. Leave old baggage behind and have it stay there (leave clem story alone start fresh)

3. Improve some gameplay mechanics like adding in some more gunplay vs horde without being in a cuttscene ( but keep relative structure from season 1 as a base)

4. Add in more group survival dynamics (Like the end of mass effect 2)

5. Keep same storywriters but like I said above, introduce new group of survivors.

Just my opinion. Agree or disagree but as always don't get butthurt.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I could not agree anymore !! Obviously Clem will be in season 2 100% sure since not only did they end with the cliffhanger but Clem is the face of the franchise. I feel like telltale will completely choke here and make season 2 not with clem the protagonist but with it being exactly the same situation where Clem is pretty much the center of the storyline. Your "acting like a dad" point is very valid.

• I don't mind not playing as Clem, so long as we find out her fate. I think better gunplay is unnecessary though, I'd rather TT spend their time on the story and puzzles.

• Ick.

I hope puzzles aren't their top priority.

The combat sequences in 4 and 5 were shining moments of awesome.

Of course, technically, clearing the motor inn during episode 1 was..... kind of like a puzzle. I could handle more events like that.

• Ick.

I hope puzzles aren't their top priority.

The combat sequences in 4 and 5 were shining moments of awesome.

Of course, technically, clearing the motor inn during episode 1 was..... kind of like a puzzle. I could handle more events like that.

This is about the smartest thing I've had pass through my brain thus far.

• I wouldn't like more puzzles, mostly because I'm terrible at them. :p Though it could work, i see TWD more as an adventure game than a puzzle game. I enjoyed the standoff scene in episode 5 but despised the two shooting scenes in episode 4. The ones in 4 just do not fit into this game in my opinion. I was also taken out of the immersion after realizing i can shoot unlimited bullets.

I'd like more of the scenes like episode 5, but they shouldn't have too many of them. For the first time you're directly told that your ammunition is limited, and you really feel that you don't have a lot of defenses against the walkers. Too many scenes where you gun down hordes of them would make them seem like much less of a threat, and that would detract from the experience(imo).

• ok calm down man i see what your saying but clem will be in season 2 maybe she wont be as important as she was in season 1 but she will show up that i am willing to bet on maybe not my soul but if you don't like clem then don't get the game

• Season 1 is Lee and Clementine's story, Lee being able to redeem himself by protecting this little girl. I'm sure Season 2 will be someone else's story. Clementine will just be there to probably ran across over the new group.

• @AnnaSan said: Season 1 is Lee and Clementine's story, Lee being able to redeem himself by protecting this little girl. I'm sure Season 2 will be someone else's story. Clementine will just be there to probably ran across over the new group.

I think that could work.

Exploring the stories of an entirely new group of survivor's might even be a better way to go than following Omid and Christa and Clem.

But either way, we need some resolution with Clem. The game ended with a bit of a cliffhanger regarding her fate, and it shouldn't be left at that. If we follow an entirely new cast of characters, we need to come across Clem at some point and see that she is still surviving.

• Why are you bumping old threads?...
This discussion has been closed.