User Avatar Image

Cannot download episodes 2-5

posted by Donut Funn on - last edited - Viewed by 594 users

Every time I try downloading any of the episodes, I get an error saying that the connection has been lost, even though the wifi is perfectly intact.

Please help.

UPDATE: I read somewhere (I think somewhere here actually) that this may be because the device heats up rapidly during the download.

So last night, I removed my phone from its case and set it down next to an open window, and lo and behold, I was able to download two episodes.

Will be attempting the last two tonight and will update again.

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thanks imood, I'll just keep checking then.

It would been nice if the tech team could give some explanation and advice too?? :confused:

• I have Ipod touch 4G and purchased the multi-pac for episodes 2-5. Everytime I click on the GET button it just says the connection has been lost. Just emailed the telltalegames support, hope there is a solution to this, or I will ask for my money back. Grrrrgrrr

• Has anyone recieved an answer as to why the episodes won't download for the ipad2?seems to be a common problem with no resolution. As many others, I made the purchase of the multi pack but have been stuck at 99%download on epsd.2. Wtf!?

• Same issue. Really stupid that they can't fix this. Should just return the money. So many people face this issue and no support from TellTale.

Rubbish app. Waste of money.

• Here's what I did and it worked. Didn't have option to download after purchase. Turn off your ipad completely by sliding it off. Turn it back on then double press the home button find the walking dead app in bottom the hold and remove from active running apps. Hit home button again then restart the app. Go back to episodes after it boots and it should have the option for download. Make sure you are on a home wifi connection not Starbucks which times out and click download.

• @kalani96746 said: Here's what I did and it worked. Didn't have option to download after purchase. Turn off your ipad completely by sliding it off. Turn it back on then double press the home button find the walking dead app in bottom the hold and remove from active running apps. Hit home button again then restart the app. Go back to episodes after it boots and it should have the option for download. Make sure you are on a home wifi connection not Starbucks which times out and click download.

I tried this and still get the same "connection lost" error.

EDIT: I read your post again and noticed I missed a step. It worked!

Thanks!

• I've tried this on my iPhone 4 and it makes no difference. Still get the "coming soon" tag. I don't want to buy the multipack until I know once I've paid for it, I can download it!

* just tried disabling the app before closing the device and its worked. If it doesn't work for you then try different combinations *

• Maybe I should get in touch with the Better Business Bureau - this is not ok.
    When you pay money for a product you expect to get the product (the reason I purchased it was because I liked the first episode). Please return my money or I suppose I will have to resort to other options.

• I get the same "connection" problems you're all talking about when my wifi is fine. I'm using an iPhone 4 so it's not just restricted to iPads. So frustrating as paid good money & can't download chapters 2-5!! Can't think of a solution. Why does the download take do long & not resume if connection was in fact broken?! Please help!!!

• After several attempts I tried a different approach. I used my cellphone to create a wireless network for my ipad3. This really did the trick. I downloaded all the episodes in less than an hour.

While doing this, my phone heated up but my ipad was normal.

I hope this will help some of you.

Telltale: I'm done with you after this one. The game is great but the process of getting the game was extremely annoying and I'm never gonna go thru this again and no one should. Your customer service is... well there isn't one...

Add Comment