User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 93.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I enjoyed the FOTAQ Let's Play too. I enjoyed it personally, but it's definitely full of flaws. So it's fun to see someone rip it apart. :)

• I liked the let's play, but you're also one of the best members here Davies.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Well... it was at least long enough to accept my friendship request. :D

I've been on internet hiatus when I got my job back in 2008. Well, ugly it was! ;)

...but sometimes it can even be healthy. Anything but the things you allude to. The net is everywhere. Sooner or later, it will catch you even in your new apartement. We'll be waiting.

Until then, all the best!

p.s. Should you return in 2013 and find that the forum looks and behaves wildly different, don't worry. It's just the new forum. A petulant child that we will keep beating with our mod hammers until it has the right form.

• @Vainamoinen said:
    A petulant child that we will keep beating with our mod hammers until it has the right form.

You people make me sick. ;)

• Just to let people know that I will be working on a new installment of my let's play for upload on Saturday morning. Thank you all for the words of support and encouragement.

@Alcoremortis said: I enjoyed it! And it's been a long time, but I think you might have possibly left us at a cliffhanger. So of course I'd like to see the rest.

Annie Wilkes will be disappointed when it's revealed that the conclusion to the cliffhanger involves Joe jumping out of the cock-a-doodie car!

Seriously though, each part of the let's play is one continuous cliffhanger until the game has actually been completed. Best get used to those cliffhangers!

@Alcoremortis said: I enjoyed the FOTAQ Let's Play too. I enjoyed it personally, but it's definitely full of flaws...

:eek: At first I thought that you were saying that my let's play is full of flaws (which would be a true enough statement to make but a little disheartening to read).

@Alcoremortis said: I liked the let's play, but you're also one of the best members here Davies.

If by "Best" you mean "most certifiably insane" then yes, yes I am.

@Alcoremortis said: Well... it was at least long enough to accept my friendship request. :D

I've been on internet hiatus when I got my job back in 2008. Well, ugly it was! ;)

...but sometimes it can even be healthy. Anything but the things you allude to. The net is everywhere. Sooner or later, it will catch you even in your new apartement. We'll be waiting.

Until then, all the best!

Thank you.

Frankly I was surprised to see a request for friendship from you, simply because I had always just assumed that we had already been on each others friends lists for ages now anyway!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@St_Eddie said: :eek: At first I thought that you were saying that my let's play is full of flaws (which would be a true enough statement to make but a little disheartening to read).

Whoops. Poor wording on my part.:o The game is full of flaws, your Let's Play is flawless at pointing out those flaws.:D

• @tonepark said: For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.22.jpg13.jpg20.jpg23.jpg21.jpg

No, you haven't, Mr. Spambot.

• How do I get a powerful secret organization to try and kill me.

• @coolsome said: How do I get a powerful secret organization to try and kill me.

Go to Europe.

Get contacts in journalism and the underworld.

Learn history and theology and many languages.

Infiltrate one of them after all your wor- HOLY SHIT THIS WOULD MAKE AN AMAZING RPG.

• I've just finished playing through the next section of 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' for my let's play (whilst taking screengrabs). There's some pretty good potential material there I think.

Now comes the hard part...

This discussion has been closed.