User Avatar Image

Why the hell wouldn't you let Clementine shoot ****?

posted by Chrizza on - last edited - Viewed by 7.1K users

Letting her live with the thought that Lee turned into a walker because she didn't do anything is by far more disturbing than letting her kill him.

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • First time I had her shoot me because I didn't want Lee to be a walker and I was too emotional and full of adrenaline to think properly.
    The second time I left lee because I wanted Clem to have a bullet; I think that choice was sadder. When Clem said "please don't leave me" I felt like I was leaving her and I couldn't do anything about it ;_;

• She has to be able to put people down.

The fainting during the opening sequence really made me think that the zombies were still somewhat alive in there. Lee basically started roaming around like one. Point is, I put myself in Lee's shoes: I didn't want to find out what being a zombie was like, and the opening sequence really had me questioning whether I would really be dead or stuck to my mortal coil by a thread once I turned.

• @Willzy123 said: I made Clem save the bullet, purely because I wanted to see Lee as a Zombie!

Me too! Plus I wanted to have a different unexpected ending unlike everyone else's descision to shoot Lee.

• If Clem shot Lee,it would give her some closure but she would have to live with a fact that she killed one of the most important persons in her life.And it might make her stronger,unless it makes her weaker (it definatly wasn't easy for her to shoot Lee)

On the other hand,if Clem left Lee...she will always think about what happened to him but she won't have think about how she killed somebody she loved alot...also,she will keep the bullet if she ever needs it to save herself.

Now,both choices are not actually good but i left Lee,and this is why : she already killed walkers but killing somebody as important for her as Lee is totally different (atleast that's how i thought)...and i also thought this is the last thing Lee could've done for her...to save her from having to do something as horrible as that...

Anyway : people have different opinions...

• Two Reasons:

1) Teach her to save ammo.
    2) She already killed the Stranger in my game, I didn't want her to have to kill again so soon.

• I did it partly out of morbid curiousity - I wanted to see Lee as a Walker too; sue me. If my undead Lee happens to kill some shmuck in Season 2, I'd actually be kinda proud, since it means he didn't get rusty and can still ruin someone's day even if he's living impaired.

Somewhat more seriously, there's also the practical concerns that were previously covered. Ammunition and noise. Alerting nearby walkers when it wasn't at all necessary struck me as a bad idea, especially since poor Clem's now alone.

Regardless, I'd also consider it questionable whether it'd be harder for Clem to simply leave Lee to reanimate or personally shoot him in the face - he's dead either way, and she seems to fully comprehend that... as evidenced by her reaction after she sees her parents "they're dead for sure". Both options suck for the poor kid.

• @dubesor said: I didn't let her shoot me. For logic reasons.

think about it...
    #1 I am handcuffed to the heater anyway, so I am no threat at all.
    #2 shooting me doesn't personally help me, I am dead either way.
    #3 Noise. Clem shooting makes noise. And as everyone knows noise attracts walkers - unnecessary danger for Clem
    #4 wasting bullets - ammo is rare these days. Why waste a bullet? Rather save it for a crucial situation.

these were my reason to just leave me handcuffed to the heater.
    no reason to shoot me at all. there's the most logical explanation to "why the hell wouldn't you".

This describes my attitude completely. If she's going to survive, she needs to learn pragmatism. If I have only one lesson left to teach that sweet, brave little girl, it's "save the bullet."

I've seen a lot of "she had to shoot him to get stronger." From my perspective, she had to not shoot him to get stronger, because a mercy kill might seem nice at the time, but if it's not necessary in order to survive, it shouldn't happen. I taught her the entire game to do what is necessary--no more, no less. It might have been hard on her to think of Lee as a walker, but I played him as someone who was always thinking of her best interests. Sure, maybe he'd suffer if she didn't kill him, and maybe it would haunt her to think of him that way... but he didn't care in my mind, because everything was about Clementine's welfare. Leaving her with an extra bullet to protect herself with was more important than anything else.

And maybe someday when she was grown, she could come back to put all three of her guardians to rest.

• It was an easy decision for me if i killed Duck, because no father should kill his family, and clem is like my daughter it is just wrong to force your 9 years old daughter to shoot you while you are alive.

Although it would be nice if you had and option to tell her to wait until lee is a walker then kill him.

• @short_stack said: i had her shoot me, it makes her a stronger person.

Same reason here. I figured final words are Lee's last chance of giving Clem the advice to live in a brutal ZA world. I played Lee as a compassionate person throughout, and I think learning to have the strength to put a loved one out of misery is an important lesson.

The thought Lee might reanimate as a "sleeper" walker (the ones that pretend they are dead dead until someone walks close by, like the that got Hershel in the show) and harm someone also factored in, though only minutely.

Either way, this was an intense scene. Bravo TTG.

• @Jamboo said: It was an easy decision for me if i killed Duck, because no father should kill his family, and clem is like my daughter it is just wrong to force your 9 years old daughter to shoot you while you are alive.

Although it would be nice if you had and option to tell her to wait until lee is a walker then kill him.

she prob would end up bitten...

Add Comment