User Avatar Image

What did Campman tell you?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 756 users

"You stole from the car."

"You killed a man with a pitchfork right in front of a little girl!"
(You killed Danny)
"You left a girl that new about your past to die!"
(You chose to save Doug)

Something like that. It's all I can remember.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rock114 said: He called me on killing Danny and leaving Lilly. He had no idea why my Lee did the things he did, and I stuck by my choices. I'd challenge him to do better in Lee's place.

<--

• @Chris-Sabian said: I thought that too but since Clementine’s parents are seen right outside at the end, and since they were at the hotel before the outbreak, I figured the zombies had been there the whole time.

Also, He may have stalked the group since the beginning, since his car is seen at the hotel, so he must have stayed in the woods by the dairy and he possibly came in contact with the retarded brothers at the dairy.

I just laughed out loud. :guybrush:

• On my first play through, he told me exactly about all the choices I made. Interesting thing bit; when I copied my file to see what else he can say otherwise he ended up saying that I let Clementine eat human meat, which I never did. But in my main file he told me what he was supposed to tell me. Weird glitch, or something, but it didn't ruin the experience for me. Though, I do think there was something wrong with him mentally. I find it suspicious he never goes into detail about his son, and not explain what happened to him.

I find Campman to be the perfect antagonist for Lee, as he was probably considered a "good" guy before the apocalypse, while he just wasn't suited for a harsher world and was driven mad. Lee on the other hand had gone mad (accidentally killing someone) in the normal world, but was able to find redemption in this very same world that twisted the stranger. I believe that he couldn't stand to see that Lee had actually kept Clementine safe, despite all these horrible things happening.

It's all a little open to interpretation but this is all conjecture from my end, but at the end of the day, I consider the villain the most important part of the game narratively speaking as it forces you to wonder about your choices, and the consequences of those choices. It all comes down to how it was about Clementine and her relationship to Lee the entire time.

• You took her to a farm full of sick people! (he says that if you don't let Clem eat Markloaf)
    You let a boy get yanked out of a window to save a pretty girl with a gun!

I think that's about it.

• He said he would "hurt me". My only arm said fuck you and strangled him.

• "You stole from my camper
    You let a woman who knew who you are die to protect your secret(He means Carley, because I saved Doug)
    That sweatshirt clementine's wearing is my boy's!"

Angry campman.

• @Hidan13 said: I'm paraphrasing, as I completely forget what they are.

"You let her(Clementine) walk into a dairy full of sick people!"
    (Going to the dairy in episode two)
    "You let a man die to help protect a pretty girl with a gun."
    (Carly or Doug)
    "You left a grieving women on the side of the road to die."
    (Leaving Lilly)

That's what I got as well.

He also called out Lee on stealing the supplies.

I had Lee defend every one of his actions, rather than apologize. For example when Campan calls Lee a thief and a murderer for stealing supplies that led to the death of Campman's wife and daughter, I had Lee say that his group was starving and desperate.

When Campman asked if he looked like a monster, I had Lee say, "We're all monsters now."

• When he asked me if he looked like a monster, I wanted to say "By now, yes." But I couldn't. Yet I still said yes.

• I let Clementine eat human(when I tried to stop by shouting You're eating human meat)
    I took her to Crawford (After she repeatedly left the house when ordered to stay put and almost died because of it)
    I lied to everyone about my past (I saved Doug so I had no choice to tell them)
    I was completely justified and I have kept my morals
    I wouldn't even kill him but Clem did...

• I think it's amusing in an annoying kind of way that whether you chose to save Carley or Doug, he complains either way.

Add Comment