User Avatar Image

Whats your favorite zombie FILM and why?

posted by ItsMeArmani on - last edited - Viewed by 916 users

My vote goes to Romero's "Day of the Dead". I'm interested in seeing your favorites.:)

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 28 Days Later. I don't know why people don't consider it to be a zombie flick. Just because they're not shuffling along on broken ankles with their arms outstretched doesn't mean they aren't the undead. It's even scarier thinking they can run just as fast as you can.

• @Cyreen said: What? Where's Shaun of the Dead?

This.

For a serious answer though, I think I'd have to go with the original Dawn of the Dead. It flows nicely from The Night of the Living Dead with how they handled the opening.

@Cyreen said: Evil Dead is far from a zombie movie. It is a classic demon possession movie. The only people come back are those possessed by the demon of the book. Loved the movie though.

There are zombies in Army of Darkness. Sure, it may not be the traditional undead soldier, but they're still there.

Anyway, I find Day of the Dead to be an underrated Romero film, and it's nowhere as bad as people make it out to be. Plus, Bub! Who can hate a lovable zombie?

• @watertommyz said: There are zombies in Army of Darkness. Sure, it may not be the traditional undead soldier, but they're still there.

01.jpgGroovy...

• @distortion said: 28 Days Later. I don't know why people don't consider it to be a zombie flick. Just because they're not shuffling along on broken ankles with their arms outstretched doesn't mean they aren't the undead. It's even scarier thinking they can run just as fast as you can.

I'm not 100% sure but i think the infected in 28 days later aren't dead just insanely angry

• @distortion said: 28 Days Later. I don't know why people don't consider it to be a zombie flick.

Some people don't consider it to be a zombie flick because before the film was released director Danny Boyle specifically said that it wasn't a zombie film. He later retracted those comments.

• @thestalkinghead said: I'm not 100% sure but i think the infected in 28 days later aren't dead just insanely angry

Infected with Rage, yeah. Though it could just be a different understanding of the same thing, maybe. They still do all the same things as zombies. The argument could also be made that they die and come back to life too, just far faster than in any other movie.

@thestalkinghead said: Some people don't consider it to be a zombie flick because before the film was released director Danny Boyle specifically said that it wasn't a zombie film. He later retracted those comments.

There's something I didn't know. Though if he retracted them, maybe he changed his mind and thought it should be considered among the zombie genre.

• People don't consider 28 days later zombies because they're not dead. It's why they starved out. And why they were fast because their muscles weren't deteriorating. But I still think of them as zombies. They're mindless aggressive people who's goal it seems is to attack uninfected people.

• @trd84 said: People don't consider 28 days later zombies because they're not dead. It's why they starved out. And why they were fast because their muscles weren't deteriorating. But I still think of them as zombies. They're mindless aggressive people who's goal it seems is to attack uninfected people.

yeah i think its the mindless and relentless aspect of them that puts them in the zombie genre even though they aren't really zombies

• @thestalkinghead said: yeah i think its the mindless and relentless aspect of them that puts them in the zombie genre even though they aren't really zombies

I would consider it a special case, kind of like Richard Matheson's I Am Legend, which created the entire apocalyptic survivor story antagonized by the undead genre, which vampires were the culprit. That story would later on inspire George A. Romero to write his own short story, and ultimately lead to The Night of the Living Dead.

So, it's not terribly hard to accept it as a zombie film. It's just alternative.

@thestalkinghead said: 01.jpgGroovy...

I seriously need to rewatch that film. It's been awhile.

• Had to choose 28 Days Later. Thought it took the "typical" zombie movie in an unusual direction. Check out the alternative endings for a different perspective on the story.

Add Comment