User Avatar Image

Who's Death was the most Unrealistic?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 708 users

As much as I think Kenny would've just shot Ben and ran away in that alleyway, I think Ben's death in No Time Left was the most unrealistic. I don't get how a sturdy metal balcony can just suddenly "fall". It doesn't make sense. Not to me.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lee's. I knew there was a Walker hiding in the trash heap, when it wouldn't let me go around the side to check, I kinda knew it was railroading the poor guy to death. Particularly since in the previous episode Kenny says "we're always worried about the ones we can't see"... apparently not.

• Mr. Parker, that bear trap was huge tied with a big chain to a big tree and he still managed to step in it. He really should have seen it.

• @MSG said: Ben's with the balcony, as others have said. Most were plenty realistic, though.

He isn't dead. TWD has done this sort of ambiguous thing before, and they always end up surviving by some stray stroke of chance.

It seems that there are unused audio files of Kenny's death screams :/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFXevqefTk#t=1m54s

• Travis and Beatrice.

Possibly Doug?
    @MSG said:
    He isn't dead. TWD has done this sort of ambiguous thing before, and they always end up surviving by some stray stroke of chance.
    Eh, only other account that I can think of is Tyreese... and, well, Kenny's no Tyreese.

• I loved Ben, was my favourite character, and I wish more than anything that he hadn't died, but... I do think it was sort of realistic. I mean, if the balcony was old, and outside in the rain for a long time, it would have rusted, and if the owners of the house had neglected to treat it, it would keep rusting away until it's rusted through.

I suppose the weight of Kenny, Christa, Omid, Ben and Lee (or other combo, depending on who you went with) was too much for it, and to be fair, Ben hesitated before jumping and stood on it for a while.

He was the only death I cried at.

But seriously, how unrealistic was it for the pole to go through him and for him to say "I think my leg's hurt"?! I mean, no matter how unlikely it is for him to fall RIGHT ON THAT POLE out of all the places, how could he have survived that fall in the first place? Plus, how did his screaming not attract walkers sooner?

confused.

• Definitely Shawn. The Tractor was on part of his Trousers/Pants! He could've easily escaped.

Also, Travis, Beatrice and Brenda.

• @HiggsBoson2142 said: I know that. SO the balcony just suddenly becomes loose? After, how many years has it been there? The one at my dorm is maybe fifteen years old!

Exactly. It's likely been there for years and years, and the owners of that apartment/building never took adequate care for it. My aunt and uncle's home has a balcony that goes off their master bedroom, but no one ever goes out on it because they've never taken the time to keep it properly maintained and don't think that it's safe anymore.

If the metal was rusted or loose at all, having four people climb up on it and leap up, forcing pressure down on it could easily have loosened it to the point of making it fall.

• User Avatar Image
    MSG

@CarScar said: Eh, only other account that I can think of is Tyreese... and, well, Kenny's no Tyreese.

The Governor in the comics, Andrew and Carol in the TV show. Think about all the ambiguous "deaths" and you can probably think of even more.

• @HiggsBoson2142 said: As much as I think Kenny would've just shot Ben and ran away in that alleyway, I think Ben's death in No Time Left was the most unrealistic. I don't get how a sturdy metal balcony can just suddenly "fall". It doesn't make sense. Not to me.

Sturdy things, or things that people think are sturdy, collapse from time to time. Not really unrealistic.

I think Kenny's is the most unrealistic. From what we seen the whole game and just minutes earlier his speech about not checking out. He had no chance to save Ben and could have easily put him out of his misery and went up with Lee.

• @MSG said: The Governor in the comics, Andrew and Carol in the TV show. Think about all the ambiguous "deaths" and you can probably think of even more.

Carol's not dead in the TV show? :eek:

Add Comment