User Avatar Image

Walking Dead S2 Multiplayer

posted by Dildor on - last edited - Viewed by 439 users

It seems like Telltale is aiming for 2013 to release season 2! :D

Would it be cool if they made the next season optional multiplayer? You jump into the game with a friend and play through having to deal with another person making their own choices for good or bad. Does your friend want to cooperate or instigate? Having two people instead of one would change how situations go down, maybe give you a different way to approach things. There would be 2 player puzzles or if one player is in trouble the other would have to rush to his or her rescue.

I remember it was a cool feature of dead space 2, and I know it's not practical for an adventure game but I think there'd be a way to make it work. I know there's no way this will ever happen but the idea floated into my head last night so I wanted to see what you guys thought. :cool:

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What would multiplayer even mean in this game? Synchronized crying?

• As much as I love playing multiplayer with a friend, I think multiplayer in The Walking Dead would greatly cheapen the experience and it wouldn't be as magical and powerful, not to mention unforgettable. It would fade into "just another multiplayer game", like the Fable series.

• ..mehhh... nah... Maybe a co-op storyline COULD work but I'm not so keen about one. Not the type of game I'd play with a friend. I need to be alone for a few hours and think formyself. In a very dark room.

• Wouldn't agree with this. I would like it just to stay the way it is.

I wouldn't like to see this game get ruined by trying to add a multiplayer mode in.

• NO! Even if it could be done nicely I wouldn't want it, not every game needs multiplayer to be good. It seems like every game has it and if they don't they add it anyway to a game that does not need it (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Space). It's rare to find a good game without it, and it's even harder to find one that continues as a series without introducing it. I get why they do it cause they want to appeal to more people and have more features to make more money but still. It annoys me to no end.

@anonymau5 said: That's not what I was thinking. You both play as two different people in a group, and you both have your own decisions. You could jump into your friends game as an NPC and choose your own decisions in that group.

Sounds like it would be a very complex and difficult game to make and would take years to do it right.

• @Yertos said: NO! Even if it could be done nicely I wouldn't want it, not every game needs multiplayer to be good. It seems like every game has it and if they don't they add it anyway to a game that does not need it (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Space). It's rare to find a good game without it, and it's even harder to find one that continues as a series without introducing it. I get why they do it cause they want to appeal to more people and have more features to make more money but still. It annoys me to no end.

Sounds like it would be a very complex and difficult game to make and would take years to do it right.

Not really. I mean it would take money, but it wouldn't be that hard to implement.

• User Avatar Image
    MSG

It'd be very interesting to have two people making decisions...especially if they disagreed. But it seems like it would be difficult to implement speaking to people on your own...like, some things need to be said without your friend there...so online would be the only way to make it work.

• @MSG said: It'd be very interesting to have two people making decisions...especially if they disagreed. But it seems like it would be difficult to implement speaking to people on your own...like, some things need to be said without your friend there...so online would be the only way to make it work.

Yeah. I was thinking online. No voice communications in game though. That would ruin the fun.

• Multiplayer in season 2? Please NO NO NO with a extra bit of hell NO! Multiplayer would ruin the game

Add Comment