User Avatar Image

TWD: Stuttering/lag (Disc version)

posted by Teege on - last edited - Viewed by 7.5K users

I bought all the episodes off psn but i wanted a disc version too share with friends. I tried playing through episode 1 off disc and encountered some rather off putting lag, and in some cases i would miss opportunities speak. I missed one speaking prompt and now clementine thinks i think shes dumb, which frankly broke my heart. In a game that hinges such prompts and quick input such lag can be a killer. I get some issues slip through the cracks but theres gotta be some solution to this right?

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @skyrend said: Hey, I'm wondering if you had the same lag with the downloaded psn version as with the disc version. If not, seems like an option to install the game would solve a lot of these issues.

A few issues sure but nothing as game breakingly frustraing as the disc version. Nothing that rendered the game unplayable.

• I agree an install option would probably fix most everything though i doubt its as simple as that.

• @fryods said: I'm curious if the 360 version has similar issues? I have a 360, PS3, and gaming PC, and somehow picked the wrong version of this game apparently.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42138

Both the 360 and PC versions have their share of stuttering issues. I was offered the game on Steam and got similar hicups during quick time events.

I also bought the PSN version yesterday and met the same problems during episode 1. I even had one "game over" because the screen froze for a full second while I was trying to move the reticle on my target during a QTE (parking lot sequence).

FYI: the PS3 safe mode is *not* recommended to fix game issues, it is only meant to repair the OS in the event it becomes corrupted.

• I have heavy shuttering on my ps3 (original 60 gb)

Tried the first 2 episodes, by the end of the second one when it was raining the game shuttered real bad, same with episode one by the end.

When is a patch coming out.... or to the very least let us install the game or dowbload it.

Thanks

• Any news on patch for the ps3 retail version? Are people working on it? Pls dont leave legit customers hanging

As i told in my previous post i have a 60gb fat ps3... heavy shuttering on episode 1 and 2, lip sync is off and audio and movement from characters are off too

Pls help

• Is this forum working? Is the thread closed? How do I contanct tell tale games?

• 5 days in the forums asking for an answer and nothing... come on ppl get your act together i need help here the game gitches hard at least a: "were working on it" could help.

terrible customer service

• ok,

I have now restored my ps3 to try and play this game- losing all of my game data- it is still completly unplayable. It is therefore not fit for purpose in my opinion- if a patch is not released or if means of downloading a copy for free are not made available I shall be requiring a refund. This product should not have been released in the state it is in. Please reply- or at least give me telltales customer service number

• I have a 320GB PS3 slim NTSC version, recently purchased the disc base "The Walking Dead"
    I have about 100GB of free space. The game plays fine till you get to the end of episode one. Then the audio/video doesnt sync up. The audio will be way ahead of a serious video lag. So bad that you have about 2 seconds to make a choice when the video catches up. At the end of episode 3, it gets really bad when the zombie horde gets on screen, its so choppy and the animations are so broken up that you cant really tell whats actually going on. From what I have read on various forums, this is effecting the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions across the board. This is my first telltale purchase and I'm a little concerned about purchasing any further telltale games. What I have played of the game with out problems I have loved so far.

Add Comment