User Avatar Image

Who's Death was the most Unrealistic?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 697 users

As much as I think Kenny would've just shot Ben and ran away in that alleyway, I think Ben's death in No Time Left was the most unrealistic. I don't get how a sturdy metal balcony can just suddenly "fall". It doesn't make sense. Not to me.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rommel49 said: Lee's. I knew there was a Walker hiding in the trash heap, when it wouldn't let me go around the side to check, I kinda knew it was railroading the poor guy to death. Particularly since in the previous episode Kenny says "we're always worried about the ones we can't see"... apparently not.

Yeah, it was obvious. I Knew there was walker so i checked the trash instead of taking the walkie. Poor Lee.

• The cop's death was the most unrealistic for me? How did he die without being devoured by the nearby zombies?

• What's more unbelievable than the balcony coming loose was that giant metal sign near the end of ep 5 breaking when you're crossing it. If it was that structurally unsound, it would have been taken down before the apocalypse; something doesn't get that rusted overnight. Even considering the few months that has passed since the start of the game it shouldn't be in such poor condition.

• Also I thought the most unbelievable death was Lee. Like someone else said, dude wouldn't be dumb enough to just walk up to the trash pile like it's a normal trash pile in a normal world. The game forcing us not to be able to approach it from the side was lame.

• @distortion said: What's more unbelievable than the balcony coming loose was that giant metal sign near the end of ep 5 breaking when you're crossing it. If it was that structurally unsound, it would have been taken down before the apocalypse; something doesn't get that rusted overnight. Even considering the few months that has passed since the start of the game it shouldn't be in such poor condition.

but i dont think it was made to be climed on.

• @distortion said: Also I thought the most unbelievable death was Lee. Like someone else said, dude wouldn't be dumb enough to just walk up to the trash pile like it's a normal trash pile in a normal world. The game forcing us not to be able to approach it from the side was lame.

Yeah, as i said before, it was obvious there was a walker, anyway we can't do anything about it what is... embarrassing

• @aaron1290 said: but i dont think it was made to be climed on.

It would have to be built to withstand bad weather. If it can withstand a hurricane making its way up the east coast, it can withstand a 160 pound man.

• @HiggsBoson2142 said: As much as I think Kenny would've just shot Ben and ran away in that alleyway, I think Ben's death in No Time Left was the most unrealistic. I don't get how a sturdy metal balcony can just suddenly "fall". It doesn't make sense. Not to me.

I agree. It felt a little too much like something done for drama's sake, foreshadowed by what he says while on top of the train. Worse, there was still so much life ahead of the character--so much character development he could've had. I know meaningless deaths happen, but it felt the most contrived to me somehow.

Kenny's is a close second. He could've shot poor Ben, then easily escaped. Instead, if he survived that crowd of walkers he was trapped in, it would be ludicrous. He hangs around so pointlessly long... in a game full of compelling, painful losses, Ben and Kenny's deaths were the worst. Despite being thematically fitting, both losses had my brain chattering at me in the background of my emotions: "Oh, come on, that's just not realistic..." I wish that scene had never happened, and as much as I liked Kenny, I hope he doesn't come back. Unless maybe Ben does, too, by some miracle.

I just kinda wish the game had had the guts to let Ben, at least, if not Carley/Doug, survive. As it stands, it's less of a choice to save any of them than a brief delaying of their death. If you could keep them around longer, saving them would've felt like it mattered more and it would've added to replay value. I was glad to have them around in ep 2, but they're so agreeable that it became pretty clear it was too good to last. Especially with Carley, where she and Lee start getting so warm with each other.

• Kenny's death seemed out of context for his type of character. He didn't seem like the type of person to just go on a suicide mission to put Ben out of his misery.

• @MSG said: The Governor in the comics, Andrew and Carol in the TV show. Think about all the ambiguous "deaths" and you can probably think of even more.

Andrew from the tv show..? his death was unrealistic????? How is a headshot unrealistic???

Add Comment