User Avatar Image

Meat locker: What if....

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 723 users

If it was Katjaa who passed out and died in the meat locker of a heart attack, and Kenny was trying to revive her while Lilly was trying to smash her head in, who would you have helped? How does it differ from the your reaction to the larry situation?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • In both cases, or rather, anyone from the group in that situation, I would try to revive them foremost. A cardiac arrest takes a bit to kill. They wouldn't turn until they're full-on dead so doing the CPR routine and keeping them 'alive' would ward off zombie-ism hopefully long enough for them to come to.

Obviously, with the lack of EMTs coming to save the day, if they don't come to from just CPR, then a salt lick would perhaps have to be employed but I feel that regardless of whom it afflicted, much more time could've been safely given to the dying person.

• I saved Larry, so I'll do the same for Katjaa.

• Lets face it any sane real life moment you would of gone "Ill help, Kenny get something incase" Try then if he dead SPLAT

• I'd probably have Lee help with trying to save Katjaa.

Not because I'd think there would be any hope of saving someone whose heart had stopped while locked in a meat locker, but just to keep Kenny 'happy' because he would be needed as an ally later on, and because I think the group could have quite easily dealt with zombie Kat.

The thing that made Larry so dangerous was that he was 6'4 and 300 lbs. They weren't going to be able to pin him down without someone getting bitten or killed. Zombie Larry could even potentially kill the entire group.

• I saved Larry, and I would be more than willing to let Katjaa get revived by Kenny.

• User Avatar Image
    MSG

Zombie Larry could kill everyone. He was huge. Football player style.

They wouldn't be able to kill him if he came back, imho.

• Obvious answer is obvious.

Smash her head in :P Just kidding. I would never do that! >:O

P.S. Quack

• I'd probably help. I kind of panicked and chose to help Kenny, and figured he was right since Larry was massive and would probably have taken all of them out. I felt bad about it afterwards, but not now after what Lilly did in Episode 3.

• @Rock114 said: A big reason I helped Kenny originally was because of Larry's massive size and strength. If it had been anyone else, I may have tried to save them. Katjaa isn't nearly as strong as Larry, so I would have been willing to take the risk. I would have told Lilly to stand by with the salt-lick though.

This.

Also, in a ZA, if someone tried to KILL me after I SAVED THEIR LIFE, I'm pretty sure I would judge them (a) insane, (b) a danger to sane people who are not psychotic. Since Larry had already gone off the deep end and was extremely hot-tempered and had a heart condition, the chances of him surviving... I judged them poor and there was nothing to make me pause. Instead, I thought, "this guy was a severe danger due to his irrational, paranoid protectiveness even when alive... if saved, he could still cause great harm to more people than just himself. If not saved, same deal. If I let him hurt others, it's my fault because I responded to my urge to not feel bad about killing him rather than doing what needed to be done."

I would've felt responsible if Larry had harmed anyone. It was more important to me to not doom anyone else in that room, including Lilly whom Larry loved and who seemed to be the one thing he did right in life at that time, to death via Walker bite than to save a clearly psychotic person who believed he had the right to take a stranger's life as a preventative measure.

Katjaa, on the other hand... Katjaa's younger, has no known health problems, and is far less likely to be dangerous due to her smaller size and the difference in muscle mass. Plus, it would be harder for me to do what needed to be done even if I were absolutely sure she wasn't going to live (which I wouldn't be.) I would keep that salt lick at the ready, though. Katjaa wouldn't want me to doom her husband. I would try to steel myself using that thought.

I would try to talk Kenny down from mouth-to-mouth, though. Supposedly chest compressions are the most important thing, and if she woke up a walker, she might bite his tongue clean off. Then he'd be dead, too.

• @Wynne said: This.

Also, in a ZA, if someone tried to KILL me after I SAVED THEIR LIFE, I'm pretty sure I would judge them (a) insane, (b) a danger to sane people who are not psychotic. Since Larry had already gone off the deep end and was extremely hot-tempered and had a heart condition, the chances of him surviving... I judged them poor and there was nothing to make me pause. Instead, I thought, "this guy was a severe danger due to his irrational, paranoid protectiveness even when alive... if saved, he could still cause great harm to more people than just himself. If not saved, same deal. If I let him hurt others, it's my fault because I responded to my urge to not feel bad about killing him rather than doing what needed to be done."

I would've felt responsible if Larry had harmed anyone. It was more important to me to not doom anyone else in that room, including Lilly whom Larry loved and who seemed to be the one thing he did right in life at that time, to death via Walker bite than to save a clearly psychotic person who believed he had the right to take a stranger's life as a preventative measure.

Katjaa, on the other hand... Katjaa's younger, has no known health problems, and is far less likely to be dangerous due to her smaller size and the difference in muscle mass. Plus, it would be harder for me to do what needed to be done even if I were absolutely sure she wasn't going to live (which I wouldn't be.) I would keep that salt lick at the ready, though. Katjaa wouldn't want me to doom her husband. I would try to steel myself using that thought.

I would try to talk Kenny down from mouth-to-mouth, though. Supposedly chest compressions are the most important thing, and if she woke up a walker, she might bite his tongue clean off. Then he'd be dead, too.

From a strictly impartial standpoint, I actually couldn't really blame Larry for trying to get rid of Lee, we just tend not to see it that way because Lee's well, us. He knew Lee was a convicted murderer. Most of us would probably have issues with having a guy convicted of theft around our valuables, or a registered sex offender around kids. I can certainly see why someone wouldn't want to take any chances with a convicted murderer around their daughter.

He's certainly nowhere near as hostile towards Lee by Episode 2 (even if his tone doesn't necessarily change); hell, give him the axe and he can actually end up saving Lee's life from the pickup Walker.

That said, considering I tried to save Larry, there's no reason I wouldn't do the same for Katjaa. The only gripe I had with the Larry situation is that there wasn't any option to take sensible precautions like trying to restrain him (Lilly did have a belt, afterall). Realistically speaking, killing someone's family while they watched is pretty much the last option - if only because it seems like a good way to end up as a friendly fire casualty down the road.

Add Comment