User Avatar Image

Do choices matter?

posted by Baddestsupercec on - last edited - Viewed by 516 users

I've been wondering this. And I'm convinced they do. But I only have 1 playthrough so far so I don't know the changes. Do you guys think they do,or if they're just a scam to get people interested.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh come now, Mass Effect 1-3 gave us primary colors. What more do you want?

• if choices does change things, carley would still be alive

• @Baddestsupercec said: It feels like any game with choices never really change much, no game has achieved that yet.

Heavy rain kind off theres like 8 different endings some sequences when you die the story continues

• Even though I loved this game to death, the one complant I have is I was disappionted with choices. After I beat it, I thought some choices mattered. But then I thought about it. Nothing really mattered the whole time. If I choose to give Larry cpr, Kenny kills him anyway. If I save Ben, he falls off a building and dies anyway. If I try to calm Lily she shoots Carley If I dont think we should eat food out of this car, Everyone does it anyway etc. And With the car thing, I kinda thought it was dumb Lee had to face reprucisons over something he didn't do. I know that wasn't the only reason the guy kidnapped Clementine, but still. If we never did that he would have never gone psycho and talk to his wife's head. I don't think players should have to deal with that if they disagreed with taking food from the car. I really think telltale should change this in season 2.

• I think enough gameplay was affected by the player's choices.
    Stop and think of how the characters treated you in the game. Did Lilly hate you? Kenny? How many supported you in the end?

That is what is affected by our choices, not who lives and who dies. Some more variety would be nice in Season 2, but I surely am not expecting it.

• @KingOfTheDead said: Heavy rain kind off theres like 8 different endings some sequences when you die the story continues

Try 17.

• the option of making choices is useless. if you choose to save shawn or duck, it doesnt matter. shawn will die anyway. even when you say lee stole the medicine lilly still shoot's carley/doug

• It's just an illusion. At best, you delay deaths, you don't prevent them.

There are conversational choices, but the real choices mean nothing in the long run. It made me sad, despite how much I appreciated the rich characterizations, the atmosphere, the visuals, the acting, and the compelling moments in this game.

There's a lot to recommend the game, but true meaty choices with real consequences just aren't on the menu. Maybe in season 2.

• That is true, and dont think I ignored that. Kenny ended up hating me most of the game cause I tried to save Larry, and I thought that was cool (not cool that he hated me, cool that the game actually reacted). But I just feel that I'd like to have a say in who lives and dies. Other than Carley or doug, there wasn't any.

• @Wynne said: It's just an illusion. At best, you delay deaths, you don't prevent them.

There are conversational choices, but the real choices mean nothing in the long run. It made me sad, despite how much I appreciated the rich characterizations, the atmosphere, the visuals, the acting, and the compelling moments in this game.

There's a lot to recommend the game, but true meaty choices with real consequences just aren't on the menu. Maybe in season 2.

i feel like kinda tricked. in my opinion making choices should change the storyline a lot, not just only how people think about you

Add Comment