User Avatar Image

Lee Was NOT Unconscious For Days

posted by AwkwardlyNERD on - last edited - Viewed by 473 users

Everyone is saying that it's ridiculous because Lee was out in the car for days.

But actually, he wasn't.

Lee's eyes flicker open twice. The first time they open, you can hear the cop screaming and zombies feeding. The second time they open, which everyone is saying is hours later, you can actually still hear the cop yelling for help and flesh tearing. I don't think it takes days for a guy to die when being devoured by walkers.

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rommel49 said: There's one thing that most people seem to have forgotten, the cop was evidently dead long enough to noticeably decay. Lee says something to the effect of how the cop's skin looks rotten and comments on how badly he smells... even accounting for the climate of Georgia that means he had to have been dead for days.

Has not been forgotten. Mr. Parker was rotten too and only dead for a few minutes. Was discussed and disputed before http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746977

• @dubesor said: Has not been forgotten. Mr. Parker was rotten too and only dead for a few minutes. Was discussed and disputed before http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746977

Except that the cop evidently hadn't turned yet, and Parker evidently didn't stink after his death. The fact Parker looked different could've been a stylistic choice to differentiate him from the living, whereas we're told firsthand from Lee that the cop actually had decayed.

• @Rommel49 said: Except that the cop evidently hadn't turned yet, and Parker evidently didn't stink after his death. The fact Parker looked different could've been a stylistic choice to differentiate him from the living, whereas we're told firsthand from Lee that the cop actually had decayed.

Maybe Katjaa and Lee had just other things in mind? And the Teacher/Travis were on their own in the wild, one shot, the other trapped in a bear trap. I bet they smelled "like shit" anyway.

• I think, the zombifying process makes the corpses rot much faster than the biological process does.

• Remember the message on the answering machine . I am going on the theory he was out at least a day or two. As for the police officer. He survived the crash probably badly injured but manged to find his shot gun. And crawl to a spot. When the walkers came he tried to fight them off.

• @Robbingrobin said: Maybe Katjaa and Lee had just other things in mind? And the Teacher/Travis were on their own in the wild, one shot, the other trapped in a bear trap. I bet they smelled "like shit" anyway.

You don't exactly mistake the smell of say, not bathing as a result of being out in the woods for a while or what have you with the smell of a rotting corpse. Indeed, Mark even says "you never get used to the smell, do you?" when pushing Walkers off the fence with Lee later in the episode.

• @dubesor said: I think the problem is most people think it goes like this

---XXX

while it infact it works like this

--xxxxXXX

- = Before Outbreak, no Zombies whatsoever anywhere
    x = First people who turn into zombies after dieing, very few if any are aware of what is going on.
    X = Total Outbreak, pretty much everyone aware, shitton of zombies everywhere.

So if we talk about Lee being passed out, if you use the first example, yes 2 days is indeed the only answer.

But if you are more aware of the several steps the apocalypse takes it could be anywhere from mere hours to maximum 2 days. Thus, unless officially reported, it will remain unknown and everything else is simply speculation.

Yes but I don't think it goes from xxx to XXX in only a couple hours. I think it would take more than a few hours for neighborhoods and cities to be taken over and abandoned. Remember Shawn said the city was worse than Clem's neighborhood.

And I think the cop was knocked out as well. And he got killed a little while before Lee woke up, rather being killed just after the wreck.

• @KUyTh said: I think, the zombifying process makes the corpses rot much faster than the biological process does.

I think the game over done it. In the tv show freshly turned people don't have rotting skin. That was one of things that bugged me in the game. As soon as someone died and came back their skin already was rotting.

• Lee was in prison and then stuffed in a car for transport. He was aware of "something" going on prior to his transport from some of the comments he makes at Hershel's and it didn't "just" start that day. Obviously the police or at least the one driving Lee didn't realize the magnitude of the problem until the day of the crash. It's possible Clementine's suburb was hit prior to downtown Atlanta, with the zombies moving into the more populated areas.

• @trd84 said: I think the game over done it. In the tv show freshly turned people don't have rotting skin. That was one of things that bugged me in the game. As soon as someone died and came back their skin already was rotting.

I think to a pretty big extent it was just a stylistic choice as I said earlier, simply to clearly differentiate them from the living. Clem's parents for example, despite being infected pretty much from the start are still recognizable... by contrast, guys like the helicopter zombie weren't even though he had to have turned sometime after the first episode (there weren't any helicopters jutting out of the pharmacy until Episode 3).

@trd84 said: Lee was in prison and then stuffed in a car for transport. He was aware of "something" going on prior to his transport from some of the comments he makes at Hershel's and it didn't "just" start that day. Obviously the police or at least the one driving Lee didn't realize the magnitude of the problem until the day of the crash. It's possible Clementine's suburb was hit prior to downtown Atlanta, with the zombies moving into the more populated areas.

It seems unlikely that Clem's neighborhood went pear-shaped before Atlanta. All the police and SWAT vans are heading towards the city rather than away from it. Shawn also says something to the effect of "we haven't seen anything this bad since Atlanta a couple miles back".

Add Comment