User Avatar Image

Molly was the one character where Telltale stumbled

posted by Scaeva on - last edited - Viewed by 671 users

Overall I loved TWD and most of the characters in it. In fact I'd go so far as to say that The Walking Dead is one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

But I think Telltale stumbled a bit with Molly. The great thing about all the other characters in TWD is that they are entirely believable. They seem like real people just caught up in extraordinary circumstances. The one exception to that is Molly.

The ninja acrobatics and the ability to apparently vanish killed immersion a bit. They should have toned that down a bit and made her bad@ssery a bit more grounded in reality. No acrobatics that a real person couldn't pull off, no Houdini disappearing acts, and no using a claw hammer like a superhero grappling hook.

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Molly didn't do that much action, and what she did was believable.

Go on to Youtube and you will see people do crazier parkour things than Molly!!

• @davieb1991 said: Molly didn't do that much action, and what she did was believable.

Go on to Youtube and you will see people do crazier parkour things than Molly!!

yeah if you search "people are awesome" on you tube you can see how awesome people are

• Seriously, what she did wasn't that hard. A person in good shape who works out regularly and does gymnastics could do that if they weren't scared. Especially with tools like Hilda.

• @DreadMagus said: Ah, but it probably was "rehearsed".

She had been surviving in that city, using the rooftops, for months......

That's actually not really true. She was still a resident of Crawford up until about a week before the doctor was killed and Crawford presumably fell; you can tell by the dates given on the tapes. Logan was stabbed on the 83rd day of the outbreak, the last time he gave Molly medication for her sister was on the 76th day.

Considering Crawford evidently collapsed from the inside, and the number of Walkers in the place and that everyone we encounter from Crawford is someone who didn't fit into their soceity (Vernon's group and Molly due to her sister) it's a good bet their people didn't spend a whole lot of time risking their asses outside the walls.

• Seeing as people in crawford were expected to be some sort of zombie killing hit squad (as evidenced by their rather impressive barrier and vast exploration) I'd say the people inside did a bit more than play cards (like those fools in the comic) :D

• Considering the nature and infamy the Crawford residence has with Molly and the Cancer Support Survivors, and you know all of that terror tactic mess outside surrounding the area, I'd say yeah, defiantly more than card games going on.

As for how long Molly was there, I'd have to replay the game again but I was under the impression it wasn't terribly too long, but that still means she was surviving for a good while with just her sister no matter how you look at it.

For more evidence of her being above average when it comes to survival, you really only need to hear these words; "In the end the dead always wins."

I'll probably replay the episode (the game in general) and play for information's sake, and take note of it for anyone who would want the information.

• @Ctn04132 said: So, Molly is unrealistic but Michonne with her katana isn't? :confused:

Exactly. I just left it to the fact that it's Walking Dead, and some of the characters are a little..well..wacky.

I also thought that Molley was hardened by her sisters death, and showing her being a badass kind of gave this perception of how much her sisters death affected her.

• @DatDude said: I also thought that Molley was hardened by her sisters death, and showing her being a badass kind of gave this perception of how much her sisters death affected her.

Throw in a little sexual exploitation and a zombie apocalypse... can't imagine why Molly would appear "badass". Evidently she's more physically able than the OP, but that doesn't make her unbelievable.

• One part I never found believable was when kenny and lee went to ambush molly at the new stand. We had her in our line of sight during the approach, but by the time lee got up there, she vanished and was behind lee. Parkour or not it seems a bit far fetched.

• I agree, she seemed really out of place in the otherwise realistic and dark world. Her parlour and stealth skills were unrealistic. Even if you were a parkour master, would you really risk a broken ankle from a fall just to save time? I would much prefer a character who had some actual weaknesses, instead of action girl.

Add Comment