User Avatar Image

Obsession with Clem

posted by Corcline27 on - last edited - Viewed by 402 users

Is it just me or were there a lot of people trying to take Clem "off your hands" in this season? Vernon, radio man, Jolene(in her creepy video), christa even hints at it. Is it because being around children/ protecting them makes us feel like in the days before the ZA? Let me know what you think!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, Jolene was crazy and thought Clem was her own daughter.

I think Christa was just being responsible.

Radio Man - clearly "revenge" over losing his family.

Vernon is the only real question mark - personally I think he and his group are pedo.

• Radio man was so evil after his wife left. I think Kenny could have easily became a "radioman" given the right circumstances.

• I think Vernon saw Lee as no good parent for Clementine and wanted her to be safe with his group, from which he thought they could assure her surviving better.

• What would happen if radio man did get Clem from Lee? Like what was his exit strategy after killing Lee? He's an idiot.

• @DreadMagus said:

Vernon is the only real question mark - personally I think he and his group are pedo.

Actually I think it was because he was already planning to steal the boat from Lee's group and probably felt at least a little guilty for abandoning an 8 to 9 year old girl to die. If Lee gave Clem up to him he could have brought her along when they took the boat.

Also, Vernon said he had a daughter of his own at some point. So like Jolene and the Radio Man, maybe he was looking for someone to replace their child with.

• In my playthrough, I left Ben to stay with the boat and the rest of us went to find Clem. When we got back and the boat was gone it looked like Ben had gotten a pretty bad beating.( I remember noticing a fresh bruise on his face) which makes me believe that Vernon stealing the boat was pre-meditated.(and ben must have put up some kind of struggle to get hit in the face.) Poor Ben.

• @Corcline27 said: Is it just me or were there a lot of people trying to take Clem "off your hands" in this season? Vernon, radio man, Jolene(in her creepy video), christa even hints at it. Is it because being around children/ protecting them makes us feel like in the days before the ZA? Let me know what you think!

I thought Christa said that after lee was bitten????

• @HiggsBoson2142 said: It's like Lord of the Rings!

Precious, my precious.

Oh and what a coincidence, I'm watching the two towers right now LOL :o

• I think the main reason is they have/had children of their own and so have a desire to protect Clementine themselves(such as Vernon/Jolene). It seems like the Stranger captured Clementine solely to get Lee and his group to find him in his own territory, then exact revenge. Also since he lost his son as well, he'd want to take care of her as a sort of redemption for losing his own.

On a side note, does anyone know what Vernon says if you choose the option "You have a point"? Everyone picks "Walk away" or "I need to think about this". I'm assuming he says "Go talk it over with Clementine" or something similar.

Add Comment