User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 21.1K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TheMountainKing said: Is that possible? Do babies have teeth while in the womb?

They do not.

• Clementine is the main character for Season 2, in fact, I love if they skipped a couple of years to Teen Clementine.

• What I want in season 2:

- A new protagonist and group of people, with the only returning characters being Clem, Omid, Christa and Molly. (Maybe Kenny, he's not 100% dead.)
    - Choosing between several options for the protagonist's past, old job and abilities.
    - Ability to pick what characters you want to go with you on missions (like in the beginning of episode 5)
    - Interesting and colorful cast. Would be nice with a character such as Tyreese and Abraham.
    - Several love interests. Hell yeah.
    - Ability to develop deep relationships with all characters in the game. I loved how you could either be BFF with Kenny, or be enemies with a common goal.

Surprise me, Telltale!

• I love Christa, but I expect her to be killed off somehow or have a miscarriage (definitely plausible with the stress and lack of nutrition she's bound to be experiencing), before she gives birth- if the game continues with the remaining characters from Season One, of course. Delivering a baby and taking care of it just isn't something I can see in the game. It'd suck up almost all of the the player's time.

I was about to post something about Lee for a second, too, but then I remembered he's dead. I guess it hasn't sunk it completely for me that he's gone, though I do accept it.

I really dislike the idea of Kenny returning in the next season, though. I was surprised to see how many people actually believe he may still be alive. From the moment I experienced his fate in the game, I firmly believed he was dead without a doubt.

• Heres my Idea:
    Our new charecter name is Ian King he is a Pre-med student that lives in savanah with his Girlfriend. On the day of the outbreak our charecter was on a date with hisso they escape the city together and meet a group of people. The decide to go to the countryside of savanah and settle there to the military arrives but there is no help so our charecter becomes the leader of this group. He writes in a journal it keeps his sanity. But the choices he make starts to weigh him down driving him insane and the choices we make tear the group some of them thinking your not fit to lead a theme that was not explored with lee but can make a could plot. For the group there
    should be know good or bad choices or right or wrong they should just be choices all with there own demons.

Another thing is bring back old faces. Another plot to be explored is christas pregneancy. Since our charecter was studing to be a doctor it makes sense for him to deliver christas baby but maybe something goes wrong with the pregnany and instead of delivering the baby properly Ian has to do a see section and cut christas stomach open to take out the baby and maybe omid doesnt want you to do it but christa says that you have to do it and maybe you have to act fast once you cut christa open and stich her back up before she dies so if you dont hurry up its your fault that she dies. Clem should definatly come back to we should not have to babysit her she should be like a partner for us she protecting us just as much as we are protecting her. Ian and clems realationship should be more like a brother/sister realationship
    then a father/daughter. Clem also shouldnt be invicible she should have bad stuff happening to her as it is happening to us. Maybe she could be exposed to darker themes like in the comics Rape, canabilism ,torture, slaves(im not sure if its in the comics)

• I dont know, I really hope season 2 has you playing as Clem. I would love to see how she's doing, and how much she has changed since her last encounter with Lee.

• Why are we going on about kenny in the past pages?

• @Mornai said: Nothing concrete yet, i think. It's far into the future for now.

Oh God, don’t remind us of Back to the Future...

• @butthead said: What I want in season 2:

- A new protagonist and group of people, with the only returning characters being Clem, Omid, Christa and Molly. (Maybe Kenny, he's not 100% dead.)
    - Choosing between several options for the protagonist's past, old job and abilities.
    - Ability to pick what characters you want to go with you on missions (like in the beginning of episode 5)
    - Interesting and colorful cast. Would be nice with a character such as Tyreese and Abraham.
    - Several love interests. Hell yeah.
    - Ability to develop deep relationships with all characters in the game. I loved how you could either be BFF with Kenny, or be enemies with a common goal.

Surprise me, Telltale!

So... you want Mass Effect?

• How would you feel if telltale decided that they won't be doing a second season of the walking dead video game again ?

Add Comment