User Avatar Image

Do you think carley will back to life?

posted by Feja10 on - last edited - Viewed by 494 users

do you think carley back to life ? I hope so :o

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Laughing at people who think they're above others because of the character they picked in a video game. So many things wrong with that...

Can't there be a Carley or Doug thread without not having to compare them? Jesus.

On topic, her death was planned since very long ago, so she's dead. There went my favorite character ever. ): Still in my/our hearts though.

• Wow, I'm really hoping this is a troll thread. Either that, or you're about eight years old (are you Clementine?) and you don't understand the concept of BEING SHOT IN THE HEAD.

Generally, being shot point blank in the head means you're dead. People don't need to go back and "check if she died or not".

• People say she's dead, and yeah I've already watched the cutscene and stuff. I try not to think she's dead. A shot in the cheek hurts a lot, deforms your jaw, and will affect lots of blood vessels. But I don't think youll die instantly/ I think with some help and support she wouldn't die.

On topic, her (erased) was planned since very long ago, so she's (erased). There went my favorite character ever. ): Still in my/our hearts though. (Indeed)

Think POSITIVE! Haha!

Ok find shoot point blank at me in the ear (that's part of the head) sure ill die instantly. Shoot me near my mouth, don't think ill die in .5 secs.

• Doug got killed saving ben.
    "The fact that Doug defied Lilly by saving Ben was more heroic than anything Carley's ever done, IMO he was no action reporter with gun skills like her, he was just a normal geek who managed to save another person's life without hesitation."

RIP Doug

Carley sucks

• @marioluigi344 said: Doug got killed saving ben.
    "The fact that Doug defied Lilly by saving Ben was more heroic than anything Carley's ever done, IMO he was no action reporter with gun skills like her, he was just a normal geek who managed to save another person's life without hesitation."

RIP Doug

Carley sucks

"Doug died cooler so he's instantly the better character and, for some reason, it also means Carley sucks!!!"

wha...

• How come no threads appear saying: "Do you think Doug will come back?"

Poor Doug.

Boobs/No Boobs marks the difference.

• As much as I'd like it, she won't be back. It wouldn't make any sense if she did come back anyway, she was shot in the head, and left behind, so she is definitely dead.

• Even if Carley survived because the RV scene was averted, she probably would have brought the farm by the end of the season. Of all the people in the group, she and Lee were the most consistent in risking their own lives to save others, so statisically, they had the highest chance of not making through a ZA.

As for cheek shot scene, I think that has more to do with shoddy animation than intended ambiguity since Carley's VA has confirmed she was written off to die very early in the writing process.

I did hope TTG would have included a dream sequence or such for Carley given her close relationship with Lee. A chance to properly say good-bye so to speak, like with Clem the other character Lee is close to.

As much as I wished for this great character to survive, as far as TTG is concerned she's gone. And it actually made the rest of the game such a powerful experience because I actually felt quite lonely knowing I no longer had unconditional back-up and understanding (I didn't side with Kenny in the meatlocker). I suppose we can take comfort that Carley and Lee would be reunited in the afterlife if you believe in that sorta stuff.

Regardless, Carley will live on in our hearts, head-canon, and fanfic! ;) I definitely recommend A New Day on fanfiction.net for a Carley survived story (though it's quite expansive on other characters as well).

• Unfortunately Carley was dead before she even hit the ground! What really annoys me is that the decisions I made don't really effect the out come of this game. There should be ways to try to keep different characters alive. I also felt there should of been multiple endings. There create a patch for this game and give us more choices. Maybe we can actually save carley or Doug. Maybe there could be an ultimate happy ending but is difficult to accomplish.

• I agree, Lego, multiple endings would have improved the game. This is a reason why I love Dragon Age Origins because of so many endings, including ones where some group members survive or don't based on your decisions.

Add Comment