User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 22.6K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1) It's telltale..Sorry :/ I just had to
    2) I would be very,very,very pissed..

• I think they were making an incredibly stupid business decision. Season 1 was the best and fastest selling game they've ever had. It was a masterpiece of story, voice acting, game design (yes there were technical hiccups, but it looks fantastic). They'd have to be nuts not to capitalize on that some more, although I hope that isn't their primary goal with Season 2.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

They've already announced season two, so you don't have to worry about whether or not there will be a second season. There are definitely more episodes of The Walking Dead coming from Telltale. :)

• Yeah, sorry for the late post, just didn't sign up until now.
    Yeah they've already announced a s2, so i bet it's gonna also be good, but maybe not as the first one, and will probably feature the story of clem. but maybe you control omid.

I just wish that there would be a carley and a lee couple, just as strong as their relationship, that would be great. i dont get how getting shot in the cheek will result in an instant death. It could only hit your jaw, some blood vessels (im sure that it wont hit ALL MAJOR leading to the brain) etc

• I really can't wait to see what they are doing with a second season of The Walking Dead. I'd like if they continue the story of Clementine, but I actually think that we will see a whole new group of people. It would be great if they would come across Clementine during their journey to surviving.

• So will there be a 2nd season? :)

• Yeah, it was already confirmed :D
    but I wont get a 3rd one if there is if telltale kills my favorite character again D:
    I know I have to accept the loss, but sometimes fiction turns/impacts reality. Damn, i was so attached to Carley. (and her character, her traits/personality/looks)

But I'm sure to get the 2nd if it comes out.

• It would be nice if Carley came back as a ghost like on the television series Dexter, to talk with and deal with.

• Carley got shot in the head deal with it. Is the stranger and Larry returning... NO neithers your video game crush. We see you boner in your pants. She wont reappear as she wasnt that key.
    Lee is the only possible 'ghost' and I dont think thats Telltales style. On returns
    Clem- 90% likely
    Omid 50%
    Christa 50% if Christa back her child 60%
    Molly 30%
    Vernon 5%
    Kenny and Carley are gone... deal with it.
    Season 2 hopefull Clem based. Feb announcementmay release please

• User Avatar Image
    OzzyUK Moderator

Clementine will be involved somehow because she is such a prominent character in season one it would be stupid of them not to involve her in season 2 somehow. A good scenario would be to have some new survivors who are somehow stuck in the middle of a large hoard of walkers and Clem somehow helping them possibly by shooting the walkers in the head and taking the survivors to a safe area where Omid and Christa are, Christa at this point could be heavily pregnant and need help somehow.

Add Comment