User Avatar Image

Which character in this game you hate the most?

posted by Vongalaxy on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

At first, I hate Larry because hes a dick when he hit me on the face. But later in the farm, he seem to be better and I begin to not hate him. And in chapter 3, Carly death is so FKING SHOCKING and I FKING HATE LILY and LEFt her. So I hate Lily the MOST.

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Brie she tried so hard to get Lee killed. Sure he may of been from crawford for all she knew, but still. She angered me.

• Duck's certainly on the list for me. Kid was a recipe for migraines, I had times where I had to wonder if TTG was bribed by the fine people who make Excedrin to include him. :p

More seriously, the Stranger and/or Vernon. Both of them indirectly got the bulk of the surviving group members killed in Episode 5. The stranger by kidnapping Clem, Vernon by not warning the group about the approaching herd.

• Wow, this is a tougher question to answer than I thought. It would boil down to Ben, Larry, or Lilly.

I think, in time, I could forgive Ben the way Kenny did if I was in character. I tend to think of others before myself, so I would probably have to pick Lilly over Larry, who despite his asshole nature mainly had it out for Lee. While I understand the circumstances that caused Lilly to go nuts by the RV, I find it hard to forgive what Lilly did.

• Lilly, but I kind of love to hate her in a way. I think she is a great character. Also Larry as well, but I thought he wasn't that bad apart from when he punched you at the end of Episode 1. Also Vernon, probably the most. A dumb apology letter doesn't cut it after how nice and grateful I was to him in Episode 4. Selfish bastard.

• @magodesky said: Sooo... that makes it okay to just go around executing people without any evidence that they're actually a threat? Because she's the only one in the group with someone they care about?

Except Carley wasn't a potential threat. In fact, she was probably the only person in the whole game who never did anything to hurt the group. Lilly just thought Carley was a threat because she was a paranoid psychopath on a witch hunt.

When it came down to it, Lilly only cared about herself and Larry and making sure everyone else in the group did everything she said. As soon as anyone became the slightest bit inconvenient, she was all for leaving them to die.

So, yeah. Lilly definitely wins most hated character as far as I'm concerned. Hands down.

No, you got it wrong. Carley was a HUGE threat at the time. Nobody knew for sure that it was Ben, which gave reason to believe it was Carley working with the bandits. Hell, even I thought it was Carley. Eliminating threats is something any good leader would have to do in order to keep their group safe. And quit acting like Lilly didn't care about the group. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have put that much effort into the group in the first place.

• There's three obvious choices:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Lilly Caul
    Love and hate her. She's an interesting character, a real badass. But some of the things she has done has been... Unfavourable in my books.
    [*]Larry Caul
    He was designed to be hated. He had some really cool lines though.
    [*]Ben Paul
    He was also designed to be hated. I like his character, he's somewhat realistic for a teenager but... He's just so painfully dumb at times. It didn't help that he was so pissy all the time too.
    [/LIST]

• @CarScar said: There's three obvious choices:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Lilly Caul
    Love and hate her. She's an interesting character, a real badass. But some of the things she has done has been... Unfavourable in my books.
    [*]Larry Caul
    He was designed to be hated. He had some really cool lines though.
    [*]Ben Paul
    He was also designed to be hated. I like his character, he's somewhat realistic for a teenager but... He's just so painfully dumb at times.
    [/LIST]

You forgot Brie. I feel sorry for the person she was based off of, because Telltale made her an annoying bitch in the game.

• @magodesky said:

When it came down to it, Lilly only cared about herself and Larry and making sure everyone else in the group did everything she said. As soon as anyone became the slightest bit inconvenient, she was all for leaving them to die.

So, yeah. Lilly definitely wins most hated character as far as I'm concerned. Hands down.

As the group leader in a survival situation, it's hardly unreasonable to expect people to tow the line. A group really only functions (and thus survives) through unity of purpose and direction. Split that focus by allowing everybody to just do their own thing? It makes the entire group less effective and significantly reduces the odds any of them will succeed at whatever they're trying to accomplish.

If she was all for leaving someone to die the instant they became inconvenient, we would've been looking at a much smaller group at the beginning of Episode 2. The kids weren't contributing from what we saw, the food Mark brought was almost gone so he had just become another mouth to feed, Kenny certainly would've qualified as an inconvenience...

• @k1ngMe said: No, you got it wrong. Carley was a HUGE threat at the time. Nobody knew for sure that it was Ben, which gave reason to believe it was Carley working with the bandits. Hell, even I thought it was Carley. Eliminating threats is something any good leader would have to do in order to keep their group safe. And quit acting like Lilly didn't care about the group. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have put that much effort into the group in the first place.

Eliminating threats is a HUGE difference from eliminating someone you, while in an emotionally unstable state, suspect without any solid evidence. The only thing Lilly knows was that someone was trading with the bandits, but no evidence points to a specific person. We wouldn't know until Ben admits it.

It's like a bunch of crazy cops going into a shopping mall and gunning down all shoppers because a shopplifting case occured.

If anything, Carley is one of most selfless group members who even gave up her own rations so the kids would have food.

Lilly snapped, and used whatever reasons crazy people can find to shoot someone, which in this case was Carley standing up to her.

At one point, I did believe Lilly cared about the group and definitely empathisized with her role as leader and distributor of limited supplies. However, after chatting with her in episode 2 at the farm, I get the feeling that all she cared about was Larry and herself, and the group was there to shield them. Just my hunch anyway.

• @double_u said: Eliminating threats is a HUGE difference from eliminating someone you, while in an emotionally unstable state, suspect without any solid evidence. The only thing Lilly knows was that someone was trading with the bandits, but no evidence points to a specific person. We wouldn't know until Ben admits it.

It's like a bunch of crazy cops going into a shopping mall and gunning down all shoppers because a shopplifting case occured.

That doesn't apply to this situation. There were only TWO possible suspects, Ben and Carley. Carley then started to aggravate Lilly, which is was stupid on her part. You don't mess with someone who A) has a gun, B) Is accusing you of betraying the group and C) Is on the verge of a mental breakdown. I'm not saying that what Lilly did is justified, but Lilly honestly thought that she was protecting the group.

Add Comment