User Avatar Image

Is this the reason why they picked Savannah?

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 168 users

Hello guys I just registered because I wanted to show you this. I'm reading the comics at the moment and although I don't usually do it this time I found myself reading the letters that people write to Robert Kirkman, I was reading a letter and I came accross this. This was really a surprise, I mean, this is comic #47, originally from 2007.

ivkakj.png

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The game is set in Georgia, Savannah is a big city in the state, and the characters in the game wanted to find a boat to get out on the water and Savannah is near the ocean. It was a logical choice. It wasn't because of the Letter Hacks. I highly doubt Kirkman or anyone associated with the comics chose locations for the game. That would have been Telltale Games.

  • Well I'm not even from the US but after reading your post that seems a fair explanation, I guess I just imagined Savannah a bit smaller than it actually is :p

  • Hi! I am a new in this site I am excited to hear about savanahh

  • well, most of the walking dead world is set in the state of Georgia....i think.... Both the TV show and comics... well not until around issue 70 or so that its not in Georgia anymore. so i think its just how it worked but thats just my guess/explanation.

  • @laurenharry said: Hi! I am a new in this site I am excited to hear about savanahh


    I'm actually checking it out right now on street view.

    That building in the background looks like the one Molly was climbing :D

    wlpz4i.png

  • @Abecedario said: I'm actually checking it out right now on street view.

    That building in the background looks like the one Molly was climbing :D

    wlpz4i.png



    Wow! That's really cool. That looks almost exactly like the dock that Kenny and Lee went to in Episode 4. Glad to see that they did some proper sightseeing to get the game accurate!

  • @Snake Liquid said: Wow! That's really cool. That looks almost exactly like the dock that Kenny and Lee went to in Episode 4. Glad to see that they did some proper sightseeing to get the game accurate!


    Yeah it looks quite similar, I mean when I first saw it I felt very familiar with the place even though I've never been to Georgia in my whole life :D

    By the way, it seems there's not a Marsh house in Savannah, although there is the Marshall House :p

  • @Abecedario said: By the way, it seems there's not a Marsh house in Savannah, although there is the Marshall House :p



    Well, not everything can be perfectly accurate. I wonder if there is really a Travelier Motel in Macon. :p

  • @Mornai said: Well, not everything can be perfectly accurate. I wonder if there is really a Travelier Motel in Macon. :p


    Of course not, it's completely understandable the fact that they didn't use a real place, it would have been cool though, and I'm sure they would start getting a lot of people there, if I ever go to Georgia, I'm definitely going to Savannah :D

    It would be cool to try to find some of the places that appear in the game, even if they are not that accurate. Anyone knows where clem's neighbourhood is supposed to be located?

  • If you explore with Google maps, there's also an East and West River Street down by the coast which is mentioned, I think, in episode 4.

    There is a Travelier Motel but it's in Macon, Montana. Pretty cool, though.

Add Comment